MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 10-01-10, 03:01
M38A1 CDN3

Default Oeonology

Message for Keith Webb, and all the other Oz guys in here that I daren't name individually, fearing leaving some one out...

Just had a spaghetti dinner with my wife, sharing a bottle of Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon.

On the reverse of the bottle, (now cheerily empty), I read:

"On sweeping alluvial plains formed by the great Murray River Basin, nature's sun-drenched vineyards and leaping kangaroos perfectly co-exist in this wondrous habitat. This is the essence of our landscape in South Eastern Australia embodied in our perfectly well balanced fine wines."

Would this wine go well with BBQ cane toad?

Bugger... no Tim Tams attached to the bottle.

Guess you blokes are all kipped.
Old 10-01-10, 04:52
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
Message for Keith Webb, and all the other Oz guys

"On sweeping alluvial plains formed by the great Murray River Basin, nature's sun-drenched vineyards and leaping kangaroos perfectly co-exist in this wondrous habitat. This is the essence of our landscape in South Eastern Australia embodied in our perfectly well balanced fine wines."

Would this wine go well with BBQ cane toad?.
The cane toad is a introduced pest from central /South america. Dosent suit at all .Maybe if you bought a crappy US vintage it may suit

Where as the Yellow Tail wine would be far more suited to a bit of bbq crocodile ,emu or kangaroo
Also very nice with some of our prime export beef
I have a bottle of Yellow Tail chardinay in the fridge at the moment .Not a bad drop either

Custodian of the "Rare and Rusty"

Last edited by aj.lec; 10-01-10 at 05:05.
Old 10-01-10, 11:31
Blitzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
On the reverse of the bottle, (now cheerily empty), I read:

What a load of bull.
If it was truely aussie it would just say, " It's too bloody hot and the roos are stuffing up the vines. But we managed to make this before it all went to buggery. Bloody good drop too."
Old 10-01-10, 12:16
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynoki View Post
What a load of bull.
If it was truely aussie it would just say, " It's too bloody hot and the roos are stuffing up the vines. But we managed to make this before it all went to buggery. Bloody good drop too."
I bet that if they would put that on the bottle it would sell very well!!

Hanno
Old 10-01-10, 20:20
Bluebell

Default Labeling

Yup! ....Jon, that label is for Foreigners, Canadians, and other people from far distant lands, that are unlikely to have been to the big West island.
Hanno, we have an old Australian wine bottle sitting on a shelf at our batch. It's labled as "Anti venom" It probably tasted like sh*t, but the marketing angle appealled to someone.
Maybe Ryan, the winery should do two labels? Your label only implies a limited supply, which is a lesser departure from the truth.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 11-01-10, 10:55

Default Anti Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Yup! ....Jon, that label is for Foreigners, Canadians, and other people from far distant lands, that are unlikely to have been to the big West island.
Hanno, we have an old Australian wine bottle sitting on a shelf at our batch. It's labled as "Anti venom" It probably tasted like sh*t, but the marketing angle appealled to someone.
Maybe Ryan, the winery should do two labels? Your label only implies a limited supply, which is a lesser departure from the truth.
Personally I find Eastern Brown Snake Anti Venom a little dry towards the back of the palate, but very good with chicken & fish.

Western Tiapan has a bouquet on it like a sweaty arm pit, but if you like smoky overtones with a hint of oak, not bad.

Red Belly Black Snake displays classic citrus flavours with a delicate crisp finish. Ideal as an aperitif with pears & cheese.
Old 11-01-10, 14:02
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Canadian Wine that daren't be named

"Yellow Snow Sauvignon Blanc.

Harvested by hearty, hairy Canadian Maidens who frolic in the weak sun with Beavers and Elk, this wine is sourced from the pristine tundra region north of the Athabasca Tarpits, using only the most satisfactory grapes grown on the crisp clean snowmelt from behind Canada's finest Pines. This is the essence of the Canadian people and landscape exported to the world! Best served cold."
Old 13-01-10, 07:58

Cool yellow snow

That reminds me of Nanook of the North,Frank Zappa,and dont you eat that yellow snow,
Off the Apostrophe album,he he
Old 13-01-10, 19:23
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hughes View Post
That reminds me of Nanook of the North,Frank Zappa,and dont you eat that yellow snow,
Off the Apostrophe album,he he
"Don't eat the yellow snow
cos I know where the huskies go."