MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 11-03-10, 03:35
Michael P.

Default new member

not very good at intros.
I am a student (19) in Toronto, I have a strong passion for things with engines, I love learning hands on and have a variety of hobbies that reflect this.
recently I began learning machining on a small home mill and lathe, make parts for my rc's and for some tractors I have also like making small engines.

been interested in military vehicles for awhile now, but because of my age I am held back from owning any, I joined the forum as soon as I found it and now I hope their is the right person out in ontario somewhere that might have a MV that they would like to see go out to a student that has a strong interest in preserving a piece of history

I also wouldnt mind networking with some MV owners in the area.
am located near hwy 427 and burnhamthorp exit.

I hope to some day be able to provide info and share experiences with vehicles with you all.

kind regards
Michael
Old 11-03-10, 13:52
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
not very good at intros.
I am a student (19) in Toronto, I have a strong passion for things with engines, I love learning hands on and have a variety of hobbies that reflect this.
recently I began learning machining on a small home mill and lathe, make parts for my rc's and for some tractors I have also like making small engines.

been interested in military vehicles for awhile now, but because of my age I am held back from owning any, I joined the forum as soon as I found it and now I hope their is the right person out in ontario somewhere that might have a MV that they would like to see go out to a student that has a strong interest in preserving a piece of history

I also wouldnt mind networking with some MV owners in the area.
am located near hwy 427 and burnhamthorp exit.

I hope to some day be able to provide info and share experiences with vehicles with you all.

kind regards
Michael

Hi Mike..
If your mean you are in the Burnhamthorpe(with an "E") area, then there are MLU people in the Toronto area and Georgetown area and other areas close in to Toronto and regularly gather for meet and greets..exchanges of info..parts and beer drinking and lie telling ..You are most welcome to join in anytime..the only prerequisite for membership is the interest in Rusty old trucks..Military green paint...collecting anything green or military or rusty or any such associated interest..you will soon enough have a rusty old wheeled or tracked "Thing"..to drive your "Keepers" to distraction which you will proudly display in their driveway..and then you will know for sure..and with pride that you are truly "One of us"..
And our fearless leader..one Geoff Winnington-Ball,owner of this fine forum,is "his-self"..a denizen of the "Big Smoke"...
Welcome aboard..don't be shy and ask all the questions you want..
Old 11-03-10, 20:01
Michael P.

thank you Alex.

hope to hear from more people, would love to meet up with some members to drool over some military vehicles I guess they usually post when their is a get together?

hope I can find a vehicle soon, my dads cousin just built his shop and he wants me to buy a vehicle so he can help me restore it, I see this as a perfect opportunity to get into this incurable fever.

maybe I need to post a wanted ad in the forsale section.

anyways, I am enjoying the content that MLU holds, great members and lots of information!
Old 11-03-10, 22:38

You could just go about the easier and cheap route of restoing military vehicle, do what I did join the army becaome a mechanic. It's pretty close to restoring when you have to Rebuild MLVW brake systems for almost every truck.
Old 11-03-10, 23:59
Gilles Chartrand

Welcome to the group, if you didn't know you are probably infected with the green disease and as you get closer to green machines it gets worse. Gilles
Old 12-03-10, 00:02
Gilles Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeo.NT View Post
You could just go about the easier and cheap route of restoing military vehicle, do what I did join the army becaome a mechanic. It's pretty close to restoring when you have to Rebuild MLVW brake systems for almost every truck.

Listen do you need a good Wpns Tech to help you with the MLVW brakes, all mine really work well and I have lots of spare parts. Gilles
Old 13-03-10, 17:19
Michael P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Welcome to the group, if you didn't know you are probably infected with the green disease and as you get closer to green machines it gets worse. Gilles
well Wpns 421 you are someone I know from SS forum.

I have been to the timeline event and got to crawl around a abbot and a apc etc. so I am getting the fever