MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-16, 22:26

Default Dodge D15 Chassis Numbers Available

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forums, and have joined to try and find out more about Canadian Dodge D15 cargo and water trucks.
I have been researching my Grandfather's activity with the Royal Army Service Corps in WW2 for a number of years, and earlier this year, found a gem of a document in the 12,000+ pages of his company's war dairies when I visited the national archives in London.
There is a record of an inventory done in early 1945 on all the vehicles in the company, which includes contract No, WD no, and the all important chassis numbers.
The company had 16 No "Truck 15 CWT 4x2 wd GS" among many other vehicles
I have assumed these refer to the Canadian D15/T222 trucks as opposed to the US dodge range.

Now I am a realist - firstly looking around various forums, including this excellent one, I realise that surviving D15s are a rare piece of kit.
Secondly - the chances of locating a specific chassis numbered vehicle are very, very remote.
But, unlike most dreamers, I do have a pool of chassis numbers to sniff out.
So if anyone wants to cross reference a known chassis number against my list, please feel free to PM me. If its a hit, I have loads of research material to share.

Forgive me for not posting the list up for general view, the last time I did that on a forum, a chappie posted me a photo of a random old bit of metal (I think it was a WC chassis) with a suspiciously newly stamped number matching one of the chassis numbers and told me it was for sale for 4000 euros.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a register of chassis numbers for these vehicles, please could you direct me to to it.

Most of the ones I have start with 9100 or 9101.
Many thanks,
Simon
Old 07-05-16, 16:40

PM sent Simon

Pete