MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 04-01-06, 04:25

Default Para Helmet Reproduction

Recently I sold a dispatch rider helmet shell to a fellow who was going to have it converted to a para helmet. I knew of two people doing conversions, Warther Originals in Washington State and Clever Forgeries up in Canada. Warther, AKA "canuckinfantry1945" does not have a sterling reputation, I have heard, and Clever Forgeries recently announced they are no longer doing conversions.

I am trying to help the fellow I sold the DR shell to. Does anyone know of another source for conversions?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-01-06, 08:52

Tom

In the UK www.pegasusmilitaria.com are the best supplier.
Old 04-01-06, 22:53

Default repros...

It's a shame that Clever Forgery isn't making their helmets anymore...they were by far the finest out there, I have one and am lucky to have it....agreed with what has been said, Steve Kiddle's helmets at Pegasus Militaria are the best out there at this time...and almost as good as what Clever Forgery was making (minor details gave CF the edge).

Warther has a nasty reputation for a reason...they are absolute crap, the workmanship is so poor I'm suprised the seller can do so in good faith and should be avoided like the plague.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone doing a good reproduction liner only conversion of the helmet. His best bet is to contact Kiddle to see if he'll sell him a liner and chinstrap only, or possibly buy a complete helmet. Kiddle's Pegasus Militaria stuff is sold by Jerry Lee at www.whatpriceglory.com, so he'll save on shipping etc. by doing so...

My two cents...

Tim
Old 05-01-06, 00:58

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I sent the URL for the thread to the fellow I sold the helmet to.

In the same vein, does anyone know of a vendor for toggle ropes besides Warther? He is the only one I know of that makes/sells them. I'm doing a mannequin display of a 2nd Ox & Bucks trooper and need one.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 07-01-06, 17:31

Default QM Stores

In the continuing search for a maker of para helmets, the fellow I have been trying to assist has found another supplier himself. The shop is QM Stores in Nova Scotia. Anybody know anything about these folks?

Thanks,
Tom