MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 13-03-13, 19:23

Default Text removed as content is no longer current.

Text removed as content is no longer current.

Last edited by Stuart Fedak; 05-10-17 at 20:32.
Old 13-03-13, 20:29

The inhabitants of the Hammond barn have been using Ogdensburg UPS for years. This past year, they were victims of their own sucess - ridiculous lineups for the month before Christmas. Other than that we've been happy.

For large or heavy you may want to look at Deringer freight warehousing http://www.anderinger.com/locations/ that we used sucessfully for the CMP tire order. They do not have ground level access so you either need to be at dock level or able to get your stuff from dock level to ground (or vehicle) level. They do not have a ramp or lift to do this.

Another choice (no experience with this one) is http://shippingtoogdensburg.com/
Old 13-03-13, 22:37

No brokers involved yet, but most auto parts are covered by NAFTA so there's no duty, just HST at the border.
Try calling the Customs information line 1-800-461-9999 to see if the staff can give an idea of the duty rate you might be facing for other products. (The line is a computerized sevice other than "office hours".) I think you will need fairly accurate information about the products planned in order to get an answer from them.
Old 14-03-13, 00:06
Gilles Chartrand

Default UPS Ogdensburg

They will hold all parcels no matter who ships UPS Purolator USPS or freight companies. For small packages the cost is $5.00 for a week, larger items can cost up to $5.00 @ day. What you do is watch there website and the day your parcel arrives they post your name.
I use this store all the tome and it is great, just remember to have a copy of your invoice for getting across the border. Once at the border you pay the HST.
Also Stuart I am looking for the rear panels for an Iltis with tailgate.

Gilles
Old 14-03-13, 00:48
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Check out ShiptotheBorder.com and set up a Kinek account.
It is really simple; you receive a user account number which is good at ALL Kinek points along the border.
You simply pick out which point that you want your product sent to to aquire the ship to address. You provide this to your shipper along with your user specific number and thats it.
You parcel will be sent to wherever you pick and all you have to do is go over and pick it up and pay a modest handling fee.
Some facilities have docks, others have yards etc.
The one in Buffalo is particularly good.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 14-03-13, 03:25

Default Over 10 years with UPS.....

...and very satisfied.

The UPS store in Ogdensburg has enlarged 3 times..... dollars parity was a big boom for those places.

We only used Derringer because it was cheaper to ship 22 tires on a skid.... at the time.... and this may still be a limitation....UPS does or did not handle skids ..... will have to ask fo uture refences. Derringer is only a block away.... we paid $100 to handle the skid but had to unload the skid and reload manually on our car trailer..... the dock they have is at tractor trailer level ONLY.

I have recovered my UPS rental box many fold when a $10 time is shipped from California to UPS NY for 6.85 and $30= dollars to get it ot my home. Multiply that by the hundreds of item, including medication for the cats.....

Custom.... if you look them straight in the eye and say that it is for personal use..... not for resale...all you pay is HST..... watch some times a military web belt gets taxed as a woven textile..... but hell even if you pay nce in a while it is still cheaper. DOn't forget that a number of US sellers will not ship to Canada..... some will not sell to you if they know you are Canadian some are very fussy....if a surplus military part for a 1952 Dodge M37 might still have application to a modern still in service truck they will refused. I did business for years with A B Linn in North Carolina.... he will no longer sell to me as a known Canadian..... maybe his daughter got pregnant from a Canadian tourist.

UPS allows you to check by comnputer if your parcel is in no cost....

At about $16 per month the first one or two item and you have recovered your rental fee.

Bob
Canada
Old 23-03-13, 22:19
Greg Wright

Default brokerage fees

Hi Stuart,

You would only have to pay brokerage fees if it is shipped into Canada otherwise you just claim it at the border if shipped to the UPS Store.

Cheers,
Greg