MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 12-12-10, 22:20
Addicted to Drab

Default 2011 Southern Ontario Military Muster

For those of you who did not attend the first SOMM you missed a great show. This year's show will be held 12-13 & 14 August. Check out the website www.militarymuster.org for pics and videos of last years show and keep up to date with new information as more is posted on the 2011 event.

Hope to see you there

Mike Timoshyk

www.militarymuster.org
Old 25-12-10, 16:20
Gilles Chartrand

Default Somm 2011

Hi Mike
I want to wish you the best for 2011 and Carolle and I will be attending SOMM 2011. We want to bring our M35A2 with out MKT (Kitchen Trailer) and our M274A5 Mule. See you soon. Gilles
Old 23-05-11, 03:41
Addicted to Drab

Default Military muster update

It is has been quite a while since I have posted anything so I better bring you all up to speed. I have been across the country and so many other things...including getting one Carrier Engine ready. Almost done JB.

Anyway...here is what has been happening behind the scenes. Soliciting for corporate support continues with a good response since last year was such a success. The show has now got some history and it is easier to sell the opportunity to advertise. I was at a show this weekend in Michigan and there will be a large contingent of our US Brothers and Sisters coming across the border to join us. I have worked very hard with CBS (Canadian Border Services) to coordinate a crossing and it will pay off in dividends. There will be a Military Art Exhibition with the show with artists on hand to both sell their works and possibly do some work on hand as well. There will be miniature modelers doing wargaming from various times in history, the WW1 trench is back and of course the helo is also booked for the weekend. The movie that fell through the cracks will be here this year...the owner was on holidays and promises to come through...that will be Friday night...oh ....did I say beer garden...yup ...and Saturday night will be USO/Maple Leaf show. I have organized a 40 X 100 ft tent to extend the Pavilion for the vendors so they will be under cover...there should be a running Cadillac Tank engine display...the Canadian Forces will be on hand again, there will be an inflatable castle for the kiddies to play in ...it will be located near the Middle Ages heavy battle group. Breakfast buffet each day for vendors and reenactors again ...water and other goodies as well. Now I have a question for you ....I need some feedback....would you like an opportunity to use a real flame thrower? I am working on one for the show....I plan on holding a raffle for a few to win the opportunity the try the ULTIMATE BBQ LIGHTER out for a Toonie to offset the cost of the display for the show...again this year I will supply all the blank ammo, Enfield, Mauser, Garand, M1 Carbine..Black powder will also be available for long guns, cannons and other goodies. Submit your needs....Sandbags will be available and we encourage setting up dioramas for the show....there will be judging this year for best set up...most of you know you can dig, build and modify as long as area is returned to orginal state....There will be more vehicles coming, more vendors coming and more displays coming. All in all the event will be bigger and better that last year....so....book your long weekend, register on the website
submit your particular needs, and give me some feedback about the opportunity to light up the the ULTIMATE BBG LIGHTER...I have much more news for later....just waiting confirmation before going public...

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org
519-974-9596
Old 26-07-11, 22:58
metal urgest

OK folks. Who has committed to attend? The Sexton is still sitting without an engine, but I'll have the carrier there.
Old 27-07-11, 00:41

I'm going with my jeep and possibly the staff car. Plus I'm doing a WW2 display with some friends. I'm lookin forward to this event big time
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 27-07-11, 01:32
T-16, C15A

Default Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Kitson View Post
OK folks. Who has committed to attend? The Sexton is still sitting without an engine, but I'll have the carrier there.
I will attend with T-16.

Stewart

It was hot enough last year without the flame thrower!

Old 27-07-11, 03:29
GM Fox I

Fox is a go....carrier is already there.
Old 07-08-11, 04:08
Addicted to Drab

Default D-Day minus 6

Hi Folks,

It has been a long time since I have posted about the Muster this year. No excuses...just Damn busy getting all the details done. This years show will no doubt out surpass last years...Many new additions to the show as well as more sponsorships. Quite a few our our southern cousins are coming across the Detroit river, no reminiscent of 199 years ago.

I hope to meet a few new faces this year and hope that those who come to the show will enjoy themselves. We have a free pancake breakfast for all vendors and participants each day. The Windsor Regt Band will be on hand...members of the local Primary Reserve units will have displays, we will have highland dancing, pipers, helicopter rides will be available again this year. A WW1 trench raid will take place both Saturday and Sunday...yes we will a full trench set up again....this year with more detail and imagination, naturally there will be a beer garden. Friday night is movie night for all participants and vendors. Saturday night will feature a Maple Leaf/USO show with live act and DJ. The will be a kids area with inflatable castle and mini confidence course for them as well as clown and face painting. We have more than 50 vendors and displayers signed on from a presentation on the development of Radar during WW2 to those hard to find items for your personal collection. MV parts, military surplus, collectables of military nature and of course cadets, scouts, and other service groups. There will be artists, authors, veterans and enthusiasts of all types. RC aircraft, miniature war gaming just to mention a few others. We will have a reefer on site to keep water and food cool, hot showers available, fire pits and fire wood provided. Sand bags and other building materials available for your set-ups, the Muster provides all black powder and fuse for the show as well a .303, 7.92, 8mm, 3006 and 30 cal blank ammo. The Heritage village buildings will be opened up and can be used for your displays. There will also be a barber on site in our vintage barbershop giving discount haircuts....anyone for a No.2?
Of course the main event will be the WW2 battle....much was learned from last year and the pyrotechnics for this show will be greater than ever....all in all a great event with so much potential for growth....The Southern Ontario Military Muster will be the largest show of its kind in Canada. I don't think you will want to miss it. Breakfast starts at 0730 and gates open 0900...

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Military Muster Poster[1].pdf (163.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-08-11, 04:24
Addicted to Drab

Default web site & itinerary

http://militarymuster.org/2011_itinerary.htm

cheers

mike
Old 13-08-11, 06:20
Addicted to Drab

Default Southern Ontari Military Muster

Its on and Its great.......everyone is dug in and the site looks fabulous...took the night off at 2115hr after a long day .....once the outdoor movie (A Bridge Too Far) started I headed home to the comfort of my own bed....yup call me what you want...spent enough time under canvas.....don't want a bus-mans holiday...that is for those who don't know. The site is awesome and the battle ground is prepped for a goodie.....anyone coming late is okee dokee.

Hope to see you at the Muster

cheers

mike
Old 16-08-11, 00:52
Addicted to Drab

Default After Action Report Military Muster 2011

First pic from the SOMM.

Guess who's carrier.......

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Attached Thumbnails
bruce's carrier.jpg  
Old 16-08-11, 01:53

Hi Mike and Geoff and the other hard workers for the event

I would like to say a big (HUGE) THANK YOU for all the planning and hard work that went into this event. I know the weather kind of messed up the plans for Saturday night but we all still had boat loads of fun (could have used a boat too).

I had so much fun this year and enjoyed talking with so many people taking part and from the public.

As for your pictures posted above. All that I can say is its another vehicle destroyed while I was behind the wheel. It seems to be becoming a problem with me.

Soooo, THANK YOU again.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 16-08-11, 02:02
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Timoshyk View Post
First pic from the SOMM.

Guess who's carrier.......

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Then again, there were moments like this. Entirely different kind of sparks...
Attached Thumbnails
ZZZ.jpg  
Old 16-08-11, 21:39
Addicted to Drab

Default More 2011 Muster Pics

Here is a series of pics around the WW1 trenches....

great shots....the crowd loved the "Raid"

cheers

mike
Attached Thumbnails
Lehman' s Raiders.jpg   prep for night trench raid.jpg   Hun advance.jpg   WW1 Trench BW.jpg   trench.jpg  

Old 16-08-11, 21:45
Addicted to Drab

Default More WW1 Pics

Those dasteredly Huns....
Attached Thumbnails
Trench occupied.jpg   Fritz.jpg   the huns.jpg   Achtung counter attack.jpg   prep for allied counter attack.jpg  

Old 16-08-11, 21:47
Addicted to Drab

Default More pics of Muster....

Pics Pics and more pics....
Attached Thumbnails
MG 08 manned.jpg   WW1 Trench Color.jpg   prep for allied counter attack.jpg   trench.jpg   WW1 Nursing Sisters.jpg  

Old 17-08-11, 02:49
Brian Asbury

Default Thanks for the great event

Hi Mike and Geoff,
Thanks to you and all the other volunteers for making the Muster a great event. Lots of fine MV's and re-enactor displays. I even got an excellent $5 haircut at the historic barbershop/shoe repair building!
....... Brian
Old 18-08-11, 01:25
Addicted to Drab

Default Battle Pics 2011 Military Muster

here is the start of some of the battle pics from the assault.

cheers

mike Timoshyk
Attached Thumbnails
mortar blast.jpg   Hit Carrier WW2 battle.jpg   brits advance behind Fox.jpg   impact....jpg   Jerries.jpg  

Old 18-08-11, 23:23
Carl Dressel CT113184

Sorry I missed the SOMM weekend going to book it for next year for sure, thanks for the pics awsome

UC2 MK1-1942,SER 10217, H#CB9208, LH 9233 CT-113184

M38A1,1/4 Ton, 1952, ORD. 630

M135-CDN, 2 1/2 Ton, 1953, ORD. 2720
Old 19-08-11, 02:40
Addicted to Drab

Default more pics of the SOMM

check out this link for some great shots of the event....especially gallery 4

http://militarymuster.org/picture_gallery_06.htm

Mike Timoshyk
Old 19-08-11, 04:34
Carl Dressel CT113184

now I am really jealous of not being there, WOW did not realize what was entailed, looks like such a wonderful time so impressed thanks for the link amazing pics

UC2 MK1-1942,SER 10217, H#CB9208, LH 9233 CT-113184

M38A1,1/4 Ton, 1952, ORD. 630

M135-CDN, 2 1/2 Ton, 1953, ORD. 2720