MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 22-10-14, 01:28
Chris Preston

Default Ferret turn-signal woes

Greetings All,

Is there someone on this board familiar with all things "Ferret" that can advise/help me out with sorting-out the turn-signals in our museum's Ferret? I have working head-lights, side-lights, tail-lights, and brake-lights, but no working turn-signals, despite having power going to the turn-signal junction box and light sockets, as well as working light bulbs in all four sockets.

I've pulled the junction box out and opened it up and replaced the turn-signal relay (someone had fitted a Bosch unit in there) and replaced the actual turn-signal switch above the relay, and still don't have working signals. Consultation with someone more knowing (electrically) than myself makes us wonder if the actual switch itself has the wires properly connected to it from the relay, once it's mounted inside the junction box. We're wondering if we've replaced the plugs correctly on the terminals on the back of the switch and can't confirm becuase the wiring diagram originally inside the unit is vertually useless.

Can anyone advise?

Cheers,

Chris Preston,
Victoria, BC,
Canada
Old 23-10-14, 07:36
Member since 1998

Default Ferret

Hi Chris,
The Australian Ferrets had indicators fitted latter in service and may be a different setup to yours, but I had a similar problem with my signal lights on the front.
The signals cut-out switch was replaced with a modern replacement part.
I added extra earth wires from the sidelights/turn signals and ran them back to the hull, not the tin plate fenders.
Wayne.
Old 23-10-14, 13:56
carrier mech

It's just electricity, so it should be easy to follow.

I assume you are talking about the British signal box. I did see ferrets from Canadian service that were using the old North American signal stat turn signal arm and flasher, ties in to the M series lighting. The installations were not overly professional, but functional.
Old 23-10-14, 16:36
Chris Preston

Default Ferret turn-signal woes.........

All,

Thanks for your replies. I should have clarified in my original post that we have a Daimler Ferret Mk 2/3, and not the original issue Mk I that Canada purchased.

Cheers,

Chris Preston
Old 13-11-14, 06:04

Hi Chris

We just got another Ferett and it has all its lights working. You would be welcome to come over and check it out so as to compare it with yours.

contact me.

Dan

Canadian Military Education Centre

Chilliwack, BC