MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 07-05-22, 01:39

Default CMP collection - help needed

Hello. My name is Barry Finnegan. I am working to sell the CMP collection belonging to my late father in-law Dennis Gelean.

The collection includes 4 vehicles and an array of parts. I have very limited knowledge of CMP vehicles and although Dennis did an excellent job of documenting his work I am struggling to figure out what these vehicles are worth today.

I am hoping that MLU members would be willing to provide me with some help as to how best to advertise and sell these vehicles. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Dennis' family understands the historic value of the vehicles and it is important that I find a way to get them into the hands of someone who will appreciate them.

All of these are located in Smithers, BC

I will post in 2 or 3 parts to allow for pictures.

Vehicle #1 - 1942 Ford F15A - GS 4x4 radio truck
near complete, includes radio, aerial, desk, message type writer, generator, and an unusual gasoline engine block heater. Has been stored indoors. Includes a number of extra parts collected over time.

Vehicle #2 1941 Chevrolet C15A GS 4x4
Complete and has run, I have driven this a short distance.

Please contact me if you can help:
Barry Finnegan
finneganb@outlook.com
250-847-5954

Click image for larger version

Name:	water truck cropped for posting.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	128475

Name:	radio truck inside 2 for posting.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	128476

Vehicle #2 1941 Chevrolet C15A GS 4x4
Complete and has run, I have driven this a short distance.

Name:	gm polebarn 1 for posting.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	128477

Old 07-05-22, 01:50

Default CMP collection - help needed. Part 2

I will post in 2 or 3 parts to allow for pictures.

Vehicle #3 is a 1942 F15A WT 4x4
In parts. Thought to be complete. All major parts seem to be here but it is difficult to tell about everything. Engine stored in shop, turns over but I don't know anything about it.

Please contact me if you can help:
Barry Finnegan
finneganb@outlook.com
250-847-5954

Name:	water truck side view for posting.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	128478 Click image for larger version

Name:	water truck parts for posting.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	128479 Click image for larger version

Name:	water truck engine for posting.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	128480
Old 07-05-22, 02:02

Default CMP collection - help needed. Part 3

The final vehicle I know very little about. I am told it may be ex-RAF. It is RH drive, 4x4, dual rear wheels and heavy duty. No engine, but the transmission and transfer case is still in it. I think Dennis got this for parts.

The parts are hard to capture in pictures but they are include here for completeness.

Name:	raf truck front for posting .JPG
Views:	7
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	128481 Click image for larger version

Name:	raf truck rear for posting.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	128482 Click image for larger version

Name:	shop parts for posting.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	128483 Click image for larger version

Name:	gerry cans for posting.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	128484
Old 07-05-22, 14:23

Hi Barry

Good luck to you. There area number of members in BC and perhaps one close to you. I do hope one can come forward and help you out.

regards
Darrell
Old 08-05-22, 16:52
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Finnegan View Post
Barry:

Attachment 128484
Barry I sympathize with your task. My father became ill, was unable to see to his affairs, and passed away leaving me with a house and a big garage to organize. Not vehicle related, but as ones and twos of sometimes very useful and scarce bits. I've been flogging cartridge cases, small mixed lots of ammunition and gun parts, and most recently post war military manuals and papers. It can be a long process.

To help you identify the items in the photo.
- The large mouth jerry cans are for water. Likely coated with something cream or beige coloured.
- The screw top cans are for fuel. Don't be fooled by the USMC stamp on the bottom. That means something like United Steel Manufacturing Company not Marines. The earliest dates naturally have the most collector value. And I'm not sure the difference between smooth seams and proud seams.
- The hook closure types are likely older and British. They copied wartime German cans, and that style has persisted for many years in many forms. - There are no spouts for the water cans, and the two fuel cans have different spout designs.
- The damage happens when the cans sit on concrete or somewhat corrosive surfaces, and the bottom seams start rusting.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-05-22, 16:57
Terry Warner

Quote:
Barry:

Attachment 128483

Missed one.

The ammo boxes are $20 to $40 new. The brown ones are British. Even old ammo cans hold their value well --- unless the bottoms are rusted. At a glance, I don't see any especially valuable ones, like a side opening .50cal can. The largest style are modern, and sometimes called a Fat Fifty. I find they are great for storing ammunition and less great for almost everything else.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 16-06-22, 14:52
MLU Administrator

Default water bowser

Quote:
Vehicle #3 is a 1942 F15A WT 4x4
In parts. Thought to be complete. All major parts seem to be here but it is difficult to tell about everything. Engine stored in shop, turns over but I don't know anything about it.
Harry Moon mentioned: "I rescued the water bowser from the late Dennis Geleans place in Smithers BC. A 4 day venture with a lot of help from friends."
Old 17-06-22, 04:31

Default Saved one

Well I took the plunge and headed out to secure the water truck. I drove my truck up to Lyle evans place in Lone Butte with a nice stop on the way visiting George Boatman. That was the first day, Hooked up Lyles Trailer and drove to Smithers to meet up with Barry And Shannopn Finnegan, great people! Got there at 530 pm and started everything , took pictures, messed up video though, Sorted and then got to work loading the many pieces of the truck.
Got great Help form Justin Foulks-Taylor, a fellow western command member who was up north exploring and camping, it seemed like no time at all we were done. I turned around and said I'm just going to call my wife, looked at my phone and it was after 10 pm?? Still bright as day, in fact that short clip I posted on MLU Facebook was taken about 1015 PM?! Forgot how long the days are up there this time of year.
The Finnegans invited us down the hill to their house for a shower and a nice bed for the night which was very hospitable and needed/welcomed.
Got off in the morning with Justin going back to exploring and finding CMP's!
I drove carefully over the next 9 hours, one hour longer than going up, back to Lyle's in Lone Butte, The Mosquitoes came out in full force so we retired inside and waited until morning to unload the teailer and store the truck until I can bring it down and fit into my workspace, with the pickup truck loaded to the gills I took a little drive home through the Fraserr Canyon, (Google Fraser Canyon flood damage!) and got home after three. Sean Black came over and helped me unload and put away the treasures.
The other three trucks are well worth the prices offered and Edmonton is just as close as I am so damn the fuel prices lets get them a new home.
Old 17-06-22, 12:17
MLU Administrator

Default Epic road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moon View Post
Well I took the plunge and headed out to secure the water truck. I drove my truck up to Lyle evans place in Lone Butte with a nice stop on the way visiting George Boatman. That was the first day, Hooked up Lyles Trailer and drove to Smithers to meet up with Barry And Shannopn Finnegan, great people! Got there at 530 pm and started everything , took pictures, messed up video though, Sorted and then got to work loading the many pieces of the truck.
Got great Help form Justin Foulks-Taylor, a fellow western command member who was up north exploring and camping, it seemed like no time at all we were done. I turned around and said I'm just going to call my wife, looked at my phone and it was after 10 pm?? Still bright as day, in fact that short clip I posted on MLU Facebook was taken about 1015 PM?! Forgot how long the days are up there this time of year.
The Finnegans invited us down the hill to their house for a shower and a nice bed for the night which was very hospitable and needed/welcomed.
Got off in the morning with Justin going back to exploring and finding CMP's!
I drove carefully over the next 9 hours, one hour longer than going up, back to Lyle's in Lone Butte, The Mosquitoes came out in full force so we retired inside and waited until morning to unload the teailer and store the truck until I can bring it down and fit into my workspace, with the pickup truck loaded to the gills I took a little drive home through the Fraserr Canyon, (Google Fraser Canyon flood damage!) and got home after three. Sean Black came over and helped me unload and put away the treasures.
The other three trucks are well worth the prices offered and Edmonton is just as close as I am so damn the fuel prices lets get them a new home.
Well done Harry! An epic road trip, and another one saved. Reminds me of my 6-day road trip to Norway.
Old 21-06-22, 20:27

Default Dennis Gelean Estate

This is the Ford F60L offered for free to whomever wants to recover it from Smithers BC. if anyone is interested i can help source another rear axle wheels, cab parts engines and radiator.
https://rumble.com/v19aamx-ford-f60l-in-smithers.html
Old 21-06-22, 20:46

Default more pictures

one photo shows the enlarged hubs for the big brake front axle and Dennis kept Albums of his trucks so it comes with pictures of how he found it, he gave me the door for the drivers side many years ago when i needed one but i still have it and it's available for free to a new owner as well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4956.jpg   IMG_5086.jpg   IMG_5089.jpg  
Old 21-06-22, 20:55

Default C15A Cab 12

I messed up the video I took of this truck so apologies as I thought I had it and didn't realize until I left that I messed up, photo's from myself and Justin Foulkes-Taylor. I understand from the previous owner that it has a dipper engine and ran well. Bumber and bush gaurd are on the ground beside it, registered and Vintage Plated in B.C. Very resonably priced, pictures with canvas are out of the Album that comes with the truck, reasonably priced.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4956.jpg   IMG_4961.jpg   IMG_4962.jpg   IMG_4963.jpg  
Old 21-06-22, 21:01

Default album pictures

out of a more general album but there is an album with this truck.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5176-1.jpg  
Old 21-06-22, 21:03

Default Wire 5 Ford truck

I have some pictures to sort and post but I'm hoping I have a local buyer interested so I'm giving him some encouragement.
Old 21-06-22, 21:13

Default Smithers B.C.

Smithers is a really beautiful little town at the base of Hudsons Bay Mountain and Barry, Dennis' son in law and Shannon Dennis' Daughter were great to meet, beautiful home and gracious, oh and a nieghbour with a genuine Lemans Raced Ford GT40, that rumbled past us as we were loading. Pretty cool diversion.
Old 16-07-22, 14:40
MLU Administrator

Anthony Leeds wrote:

“Dennis Geleans truck is heading for the wide open spaces of Moosomin Sk .
Between Dennis’s collection of kit and my pile of parts we should be able to build a complete c15 wire truck.”

Name:	1E4DE319-60DA-4A60-A068-D884411B85DB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	522.6 KB
ID:	129450