MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 28-01-07, 10:11

Default My new Model Website

A start has been made on my new 1/35 scale model website. It will be developed over the next few months to include all my model articles both published and unpublished and will also have a build log added so that you can view build progress on any models I do.

Another sales area will be added for sales of completed models as well as limited edition photographs taken by my Wife Kathie and I here in Queensland. Calendars and greeting cards will also be added later as well.

http://www.mrroo.com.au/

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Cliff
Old 28-01-07, 11:09
Film maker, CMP addict

Thumbs up Site

Great start, Cliff

I think your site will become a valuable resource for modelers.

I like the fact you do a lot of scratchbuilding to bring us some of the more obsure and interesting vehicles of WW2.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 28-01-07, 17:15
Derek Heuring

Default Re: My new Model Website

Quote:
Originally posted by cliff

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Cliff
Loved the job you did on the tractor and 7 ton trailer. Great detail, down to the dust left on the windscreen where the wipers couldn't get. I did a lot of modeling in my youth, but no more detailed than simply painting the model after putting it together. When I look at some of the dioramas modellers have put together it appears there's been more work gone into it than restoring the full size vehicle! Keep us apprised of additions to your website and keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing it with us! Derek.
Old 28-01-07, 20:22

Thanks guys. I have wanted my own site for years and just now finally getting it done. As I am a total non-geek when it comes to this stuff I finally found a great guy, Alan Corfield, locally to do it for me. He is adding all the stuff at the moment when he gets time but in stage 2 when the build diary is added I can add stuff myself as I will use this part to show the building of my models from start to finish.

Sapper the Ford semi and trailer is totally scratchbuilt and includes a motor with ignition wiring as well. The drums are resin copies supplied by an Australian company who I get my resin casting supplies from. I built this from photos of one returning from Darwin down the Stuart Highway with a load of empty drums. I intend in the next few months to make a simple vac forming box which uses the vaccumn cleaner as a sucking source which will mean lots of goodies like Ford M/H roadster cab Australian GT front mudguards to be done more easily.

Thanks again
Cliff
Old 29-01-07, 01:49
Blitzed

Great looking website. Look forward to seeing and reading more. Loved the tank attack carrier.
Cheers.
Old 29-01-07, 01:55
www.REMLR.com

Website is looking great !!

I'll have to watch it as you add more content
Old 15-02-07, 20:40
Vets Dottir

Hi Cliff,

I really enjoyed visiting your site and WOW ... those models look awesome. I'm amazed at how realistic they look!

I never got interested in modeling so have never really looked at any kits or sites, but I sure appreciate seeing the amount of realistic detailing and work that goes into this stuff ... and can understand how people can get absolutely hooked on doing them, especially when they're models of something really meaningful to them, like historic ... and in this case, military history and things that "go"

Awesome! I'll pay more attention to this stuff, as I notice a LOT of people are hooked and producing models.

Of course I also look forward to seeing photographs by yourself and Kathie in your site

Karmen