MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 20-06-05, 21:19
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default F8 parts

Hi Dave:

Check out Marc M's posting re: CC4 parts. He has many of the bits you need to get your F8 up and running including NOS rubber oil filler covers (re: tin can on your dash), Ford script dash, rectangular roof hatch, etc, etc.

When do I make the trek to Kingston (I have businiees at RMC in the next few weeks) to see your new toy?

Cheers! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 21-06-05, 02:56

Mike
Thanks - I've contacted Marc.
I also need shock absorbers ( none present on mine), spare wheel mounting on the inside of the box, 9.00 x 13 tires(!), rear lights. Wiring harness seems salvageable........

Please feel free to come visit anytime - just give me some notice so that I can be sure to be around. The truck is just north of Seeleys Bay just off Hwy 15 so could be on your way if you travel via Smiths Falls.

I have now got started with dismantling after detailed examination! This will be a down to the frame job. Not sure I can get the steel box off though - must weigh a ton - literally!
Old 21-06-05, 14:47
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default F8 Tyres

Hi David:

Try Jim Fraser in Arnprior (Fraser's Garage) as I heard he has a set of 9.00X13 sand tread tyres.

My C8 has Isreali made implement tyres on it. They spin on damp grass but look pretty good. They are quite rigid, 8 ply if I remember right. Another source of 9.00X13 tyres is aircraft tyres but they cost a heap unless you can find cheap blemished or used ones.

Brian Asbury has the rubber armoured marker lights for about $40 each.

Shock absorbers are likley bog standard 1940 Ford pickup parts. Check with any antique Ford parts dealer after you measure the mounting sizes and the distance from axle mount to frame mount.

While rebuilding an engine can be costly, if the numbers all match and you have the original engine its worth the effort to keep her all together.

Sounds like you'll have this little girl up and running for next years' season!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords