MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 06-03-05, 20:09
Derek Heuring

Default Canadians attached to 8th Army

Great war stories, keep 'em coming! I'm a Canadian WW II reenactor living in Texas. I served as a reserve Canadian Military Engineer so my impersonation is that of a WW II R.C.E. I swap divisional patches as needed to match the theatre of operations, usually remaining Third Div. However, as you can well imagine it gets extremely hot here in Texas and the wool battle dress is just too darn hot! I've read about the First Canadian Div. being attached to the British 8th army and think that shorts and a short sleeved shirt would be ideal. I need a little help in making my uniform as correct as possible. I've purchased a crusader cross patch and I'm not sure where to sew it on, also, am I correct in assuming there were some Cdn. engineers in Africa? Would they have worn the blue and red Royal Canadian Engineers patch, or just that of one of the units attached to the 8th army? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated! Cheemo!
Old 06-03-05, 22:44
Art Johnson

Default Shorts

Shorts didn't last too long in Sicily and Italy mainly because of Mosquitoes and the fear of Malaria. Maybe Norm will give us some insight.

"D" Coy 48th Highlanders landing in Italy led by P/M Andy Anderson and CSM Jack Gun.