MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 15-02-07, 21:25
Pops

Default Canadians

Our first Canadians to visit this year have arrived yesterday, young Matt that stayed a couple of years ago and his Yass girl friend have come for a visit for 2 weeks. They had an experience coming over that most people don't know in that don't buy anything at the duty free shops in Canada as when you get to LA you have to had it over so it's best to leave it until you get to LA. They were pretty disappointed as no one warned them of this. They did arrive safe and well though as this is the most important.

Kathy
Old 15-02-07, 22:13
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Canadians

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
Our first Canadians to visit this year have arrived yesterday, young Matt that stayed a couple of years ago and his Yass girl friend have come for a visit for 2 weeks. They had an experience coming over that most people don't know in that don't buy anything at the duty free shops in Canada as when you get to LA you have to had it over so it's best to leave it until you get to LA. They were pretty disappointed as no one warned them of this. They did arrive safe and well though as this is the most important.

Kathy
Thanks for the hint, Kathy...
Old 15-02-07, 22:16
Vets Dottir

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for posting that ... and what a disappointment for Matt and his Ladyfriend

I thought that leaving from Canada major airports that all that would have be pre-cleared Canada side :

Am also wondering about clearing customs Canada side. I read that there IS pre-clearance for USA Canada side, but what about clearance for Australia when boarding States side ... I wonder if we would be cleared Canada side, or USA side when boarding the main Oz flights there. Hmmmmm ... I guess I have some more fact-finding surfing or calls to do to find out BEFORE the trip.

It gets confusing when going through one country to get to another.

Karmen