MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 12-02-16, 17:14
carrier mech

Default Shipping container (Pelican case) as recently sold on CADC

I see the DND is releasing a fair number of these cases out of Montreal right now. I would like one, but unfortunately they are too far away for me to bid on and transport. If someone sees them on the surplus market (prefair perhaps or maybe kijiji?) could they contact me with a price? I am only after one of the cases with the dimensions of approx 51'' X 27 1/2'' X 22 and the foam cut as shown below.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
FS1206648.JPEG   FS1206646.JPEG  
Old 12-02-16, 19:20
Terry Warner

What goes into the special foam compartments, artillery parts? Some vendors sell using whatever words might be on the labelling.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 12-02-16, 20:20
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Pelicans...........

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 12-02-16, 21:07
carrier mech

Not really sure what the DND was using them for, but they are dimension-ally the right size for the 60mm mortar. As far as I know, Canada merely used the wooden crate for the old 60mm mortar, but Pelican lists the 60mm mortar case in their Canadian Military Products brochure.

http://www.customcaseco.c/pdf/Pelica..._Brochure2.pdf

Pelican's listing is for the M224 Mortar, which Canada did not adopt (yet) but they note it will fit other similar 60mm mortars. I have assembled a M19 Canadian mortar and would like a chest to transport it in. I do not have the wooden chest, and the wooden chest is not particularly robust for that matter. To buy one of these chests from Pelican, or one of their distributors is very expensive. Prices range from $1200-$3500, depending on the supplier. It makes the $60 each they are currently selling for from the depot seem like a pittance.

Charlie: Pelicans can fly on their own as a self contained unit...they don't need luggage
Old 13-02-16, 13:59
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Quote:
Charlie: Pelicans can fly on their own as a self contained unit...they don't need luggage
They don't deserve protection while in storage?

On a side note...any access to proper 60MM baseplates ..or barrels?

f

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 13-02-16, 15:57
carrier mech

I found 2 Canadian barrels (one complete with it's history book) at my favorite scrapyard back in the fall. One even had it's history book with it, which showed it was in-inspected and serviceable back in 84. Both were sold as scrap soon after. I had to trade one of the barrels for a cup. There are plenty of barrel reproductions on ebay, I believe ordnance.com does a good repro with excellent markings for around the $600 mark including the cup. It is one of the few things he will ship internationally.

There is the small baseplate (M-1) which would be for the mortar without bipod. Sarco had them, Canadian manufacture and brand new in the grease. But I think they do a repro M2 mortar now and have added the Cdn M-1 baseplates onto those, and no longer list them separately.

Collectors source had the whole Canadian 60mm mortar setups available for years. Of course, but the time I decided to buy one, I missed them by a couple weeks. I was able to get a bipod from them, but it is for the brandt rather than the 60. It will have to do for now.

Only thing I am looking for now is a Canadian M4 sight, or else (dare I hope) a C2 sight. The latter is fairly rare out of the service. The M4 CDN sights are around, so one will come my way eventually. And of course I'll need to pick up more inert rounds for it. All I have at present is the solid dummy round.

When the Cdn army got rid of the majority of the M19s a few years ago (to the lament of the infantry) they sent a bunch through a contractor for inspection and forwarded them to the various museums. We have one at work, complete with it's chest and all the EIS. They also sent out a Subcaliber kit. We have placed the mortar on display in the main museum, but the subcal kit remains in storage.

Below are photos of my mortar. and the nomenclature on the barrel.
Attached Thumbnails
m19 001.JPG   surplus 023.JPG  

Last edited by rob love; 02-08-21 at 15:29.
Old 01-08-21, 16:26
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Digging up an old thread, but this seems as good a place as any. Maybe Rob needs one of these.

Canadian M19 Mortar Manual for sale:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224178923898...IAAOSwls5Y79iP
Attached Thumbnails
Can M19.jpg  
Old 01-08-21, 17:37
carrier mech

I think that manual was for sale back when I first posted this thread. It is a little overpriced and I did manage to find one for a fair bit cheaper.

I have managed to get both style Canadian baseplates for my Mortar, as well as both the C2 and the M4CDN sights, both thru other MLU members. I have even managed to find a few of the (inert) rounds for it, although there are one or two still needed. My bipod is, unfortunately, still a foreign made example. There was a Cdn bipod for sale on an auction in Alberta, and it included a poorly done homemade tube and baseplate. It sold for around $1400 if I recall....way too rich for my blood. If I could have got it for about half that, I would have exchanged the bipod with mine and sold the other mortar setup at a loss, but there was no way I was going into that kind of money.

A year back the Cdn government decided to prohibit large bore firearms, and the mortars got caught up in this. I have another 10 months of Amnesty before something has to be done with it and my many other pieces that got caught up in this scheme). Even the government has not decided if they are buying the stuff, letting us keep them, or if we have to deactivate them. Personally I am hoping for a change in government. The conservatives have promised to flush the order in council and go after the real perpetrators of gun crime in Canada.

Last edited by rob love; 02-08-21 at 15:30.