MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 04-01-12, 19:01
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default 1944 KV-1 Radio Box

Our good friend,Walter Brand ,contacted me with this message ..I am sure that we could help him out...Jon..do you remember Walter from Caldwells..He and Albert rebuilt that 11 Cab Gun tractor that Walter used to drive to school so he tells me..
So I am going to start this new thread and anyone that can help please chime in..Pictures of a interior would be beautiful.

Quote:
1944 KV-1 Radio Box
Greetings Alex
Our friend Albert Baines is restoring KV-1 Radio Box.
He needs to find out what kind of support holds the outside map table. Rods chain cables? Any details f the inside layout would be helpful. (Machinists are so exact)
If you have any idea where we could find information on this set up please contact me.
Walter Brand
Old 05-01-12, 00:09
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
Our good friend,Walter Brand ,contacted me with this message ..I am sure that we could help him out...Jon..do you remember Walter from Caldwells..He and Albert rebuilt that 11 Cab Gun tractor that Walter used to drive to school so he tells me..
So I am going to start this new thread and anyone that can help please chime in..Pictures of a interior would be beautiful.
I bet it's a 2K1 and not a KV-1.
Old 06-01-12, 08:02
Dennis Gelean

Default 1944 KV-1 radio box

This thread will be useful to other MLUers. I am restoring a 2k1 body. It has the tray at the front of the box for carrying the map/radio table. I gave up on finding a penthouse for it. installed is the WS 19 plus kit and 2 chore horses.
Per ww2 literature I installed 2 CMP seats, 2 rifle mounts. One mistake is the box lining is mahogany and should be white., the floor is battleship lino the way it came, some say it should be metal? The spare tire holder is a flat piece of metal with T handle as ww2 pictures show. never seen a round tire holder on a 2K1. If I can find someone with a fish eye lens I will post pictures.
Old 07-01-12, 02:56

Default 2k1 radio box

Bruce,my mistake it is a2k1. WALT