MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 30-09-20, 02:30
Blitzed

Default MLU vs Social media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Hingley View Post
As far as Facebook and perhaps the other "social media" type sites go, yes there are groups with some interesting content, but there is no organization to the content and it is essentially un-searchable. There are some legitimate knowledgeable contributors, but there is a large number who have no idea what they are talking about (but like to sound in on every subject with their misinformed beliefs), and you also have a lot of pure trash posts that are not relevant or contributing to anything. Facebook is a nice place to go to look at photos, but if you read too much of the content your head will spin. However as mentioned, there are some knowledgeable people in some of those groups... you just need to learn who they are.

For me there is no substitute for the high quality information and guidance one can find on MLU, and from trustworthy sources who usually have data/evidence to back things up.

I hope MLU continues to maintain its role in this hobby well into the future. Thank you Hanno for your efforts in keeping things running smoothly. I realize it has been a while since I have contributed to the forum, so I will be sending some funds today to help keep the lights on. Thanks!
I'd agree with the bulk of that. I have only come across a few pages on Facebook that are very good. Apps make picture searching easy. Even key word searching easy, as long as the page users put the effort into describing what they upload. But that is rare.
I still pop into MLU from time to time, but not nearly enough. And that's a reflection in changes in my life. I think there is a certain 'social media' fatigue that can grow and that sees me return to various forums at times. MLU is more relaxed. More adult.
My only gripe with MLU, and that predates social media, is the enforced gap between searches.
Old 06-02-22, 11:40
MLU Administrator

Default MLU FORUM Statistics

Update on MLU FORUM Statistics:

Quote:
Most users ever online was 7,133, 16-06-21 at 10:12.

MLU FORUM Statistics:
Threads: 30,062, Posts: 273,914, Members: 4,990, Active Members: 759
Old 05-07-22, 12:51
MLU Administrator

Default 4 July 2022

Update on MLU FORUM Statistics:

Quote:
Most users ever online was 7,133, 16-06-21 at 10:12.

MLU FORUM Statistics:
Threads: 30,362, Posts: 276,341, Members: 4,996, Active Members: 611
Changes compared to stats of 4 months ago:
Threads: +300, Posts: +2,427, Members: +6 (due to temporary suspension), Active Members: -148