MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-05, 05:42
BIG MIKE

Smile Steering parts,and then sum

Hi Ladsl. I'm looking for a few bits and pieces, seems my new carrier is missing sum steering parts Part # CTL-35a (2). Need a new one of these =Part# CTL-36(pivot plate) Mine is all shewd up, seems the pervous owner was hungry. also the correct Bolts washers and nuts (not me) for the rod's mounting to pivot. OK i'm a Newbie to the forum , Nice to meet you all heres a a nice plug. Buying a set of 3 Great manuals from Alex Blair, Hez been a great help, Thanks Alex! ah yes the Vehicle........ it is a 85% retored Mk1 carrier made by Windsor Ford "42", Has a 1946 V8 rebuilt engine and it PURZZ, can't wait work on it. (getting of my soap box now) anywho I hope you ALL have a great day. Cheers lads!

BIG MIKE, RNF
Old 07-10-05, 05:56

Welcome Big Mike

Great that you joined the forum and welcome to the world of carrier owning.

Unfourtunately I can't help you with the parts that you need. Any chance of posting some photos of your carrier. Its always great to see what another has.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 07-10-05, 06:08
Dave Demorrow

great to see another person has UC sicknes. i have CTL 34-35s, they are NEW and are made out of harder steel.
they are countersunk so the bearing fits in great. check out my web sit for more gear. if you send me a PIC of your carrier i will post it on my site.

www.alleramilitaria.com

thanks
dave
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 07-10-05, 06:10
BIG MIKE

Thanks Jorden , I'm happy to be aboard , since I don't know anyone in my area who owns a carrier, Just alot of Jeeps Halftracks Stuarts Chaffes M8's Motorbikes and troops, opps fergot to mention the Germs and Russians, just me and my little carrier lol, take care mate

When my wife buys me a Digital camera I'll get the pics out, Whats puzzling me is how do I explain that I bought a TANK? LOL

Cheers lads BIG MIKE
Old 07-10-05, 06:16
Dave Demorrow

tell them its cheaper than a corvett, smaller then a hummer, better off road than a ATV, and well, its yours and they dont have one so get over it.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 07-10-05, 06:28
BIG MIKE

Thanks Dave, Thier all calling me up to join thier MV clubs since the carrier is a Unique Item and its BRITISH and it drives on the RIGHT, saying don't worry mike we will trailer it for you for free, I like that option. LOL Dave parts 34 is in good shape, 2 CTL-35a's and a new pivot, this old owner a 95 year old dude drove and steered the vehicle with the rear brakes, I made sure he put new ones in(brakes) before i bought it, witch he did. I wonder if you can get or who can make small parts for the carrier , ie like site ports covers, hindges, correct rivit bolts, guages, bren gun pogo stick mounts and the early carrier MG port mount, I might give it a wack and try to fabricate it myself. Cheers mate

BIG MIKE
Old 08-10-05, 07:18
Bluebell

Mike its not a tank. It's a track mounted skip bin. Two things. will proove this.
1. When you find out how hard it is to keep clean inside
2. When your wife puts the rubbish bags in it !
(If its the cam plate rollers that you need, I made some out of 4140 steel.- Have you bought some B.S. tools yet?)

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 08-10-05, 13:50
BIG MIKE

Yes Lynn can you make me up a pair of Rollors with the brackets PLEASE B.S. tool? Just have a few tools to do the Job , But are looking for the CORRECT tool sets for the carrier, I wish I owned a Digital camera , it would be alot eayer to show you guys pics of my plite with my vehicle. Do you make the pivot plate too? anywho talk with you soon. Thanks mate

little sticky on my "BIG MIKE" name since thier are 5 mikes in my family i'm the biggest so the name stuck for 20 years. But its a Diff story when my wife calls me "BIG MIKE"!!! laffin.

Cheers MIKE
Old 08-10-05, 23:27
Bluebell

Default Sorry

No I cannot! My situation has changed since I did them, but you will probably get what you want from or through the Canadian guys on this site.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....