MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 23-07-04, 14:31

Question spring seat question

Has anybody sourced the graphite bushes that are rivvetted into the arms for the spring ball seats to sit in? I am re-assembling all my suspention & all the seats are flogged out or missing. I was thinking of making some out of polyeurothane, I have a new LP1 arm with new seats (bushes?) in it for copying if req. Any suggestions? I have made enquiries with a suspention bush company I use & making them is fairly inexpensive, any body made em, seen em or want them?

Rob
Old 29-07-04, 06:48

Default More info

As nobody has commented all I can assume is eveybody has gone out to the shed, looked at the bushes mentioned and gone "crikey I had wanted to forget those". I think making these out of black polyeurathane would solve the wear problem I thought many owners would have had to overcome at some point. The material would carry the 350 kg per ball load 3 times over, original type rivetts would hold it in position & the material is fairly self-lubricating providing the ball is in good condition. I only plan on replacing these once. The costs to make these is about $15.00 AU each including development of the mould by professional mouldmakers at trade rates for 2 sets. Cheap as chips. Anyone fixed these any different?

Rob