MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 08-04-06, 03:27

Default Hard foreskin.....

Well it is toooo hard to be softskin...... yet not quite hardened enough to be in the tank section....... but it's one mean mother of a truck....

Hope this fits somewhere on the this Pho-Rum.....

According to the tourist leaning on it... it's called a Bushmaster!!!

Now if only we could bring it home to see if I can get it stuck in the back gulley....... courtesy of Rob Clarke
Attached Thumbnails
bushmaster1cropresized.jpg  
Canada
Old 08-04-06, 03:36
Mr. HUP

Default Only Driven

by a lil' ole lady, er laddie (who normally wears a skir...er, kilt).

Nice ride - auto everything! Seats eight in the back, lots of room for radios, rats and ammo! Mine resistant, excellent x-country capability, but no cigarette lighter!

For the sharp eyed types, you may have noticed the red marsupial on the side...this baby is a looooooong way away from home.

Presently in service with the Aussies!

More info at BB1!
Old 08-04-06, 08:02

What a beauty mate! I don't think I have ever seen one here.
Jeff
Old 08-04-06, 12:08
Robert Farmer

There was one at Corowa a couple of years ago. I think the AWM brought it down from Canberra.
Old 08-04-06, 13:37
RIP

Default And Here It Is - Corowa 2004

Bushmaster
Attached Thumbnails
bushmaster.jpg  
Old 08-04-06, 14:56
Mr. HUP

Default Bushmaster Winch

Here is a shot of the winch located in the "well" on the side of the vehicle.
Attached Images

Last edited by RHClarke; 08-04-06 at 15:10.
Old 08-04-06, 15:03
Mr. HUP

Default Access

A shot of the interior from the back (and only) door.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-06, 15:06
Mr. HUP

Default Driver's Compartment

No problem for any CMP nut - the controls are located on the right side of the vehicle.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-06, 03:50

The Australian army has had these for years.
They are made in Bendigo (Victoria Australia)
In the early days they had a lot of problems i believe they have sorted them out now.
Old 09-04-06, 16:05
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

These are made by the Bendigo branch of ADI, Australian Defence Industries, the owners and operators of the Lithgow Small Arms Factory.
I have a 12 page "Sales Brochure" for the Bushmaster for sale if anyone's interested. Best offer.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2689.jpg  
Old 12-04-06, 03:05
www.REMLR.com

Remeber there is more than one bushmaster around. The army trialed the ADI one, as well as an indonesian built one from memory.

Have a look at hte headlights on this one, as well as the spare tyre and windows, it's different to the ADI one that won the contract. I'm happy to be corrected though
Old 12-04-06, 04:54

Default They learned from Bill Gates....

The one in Ottawa is probably a Version 2.001 or a version 3.0......... or maybe they copied from Long Branch and it is
a Mark III *** 1.

Like CMPs they are designed/built with whatever is on shelf from the most recent procurement deal with some public servant.

Things never change.

Bob C.
Canada
Old 13-04-06, 01:01
www.REMLR.com

Actually I just read somewhere that Thales Canada was trying to win the Project Bushranger for a while, but ended up pulling out near the end.
Old 10-05-06, 08:40
The Original CMP Site!

Default Web site

http://www.adi-limited.com/2-01-010-040-030.html

regards
Rod
Old 09-11-06, 06:03
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Australian Defence Industries were formed when all the Commonwealth owned Naval Shipyards, Munitions Factories, Clothing and Canvas Factories and other Ordnance services and installations were bought from the Commonwealth Government by a 50/50 consortium of Australian owned Transfield Holdings and the french-owned Thales Australia. Following a review by the Federal Government, a news release today has announced that approval has now been given to Thales Australia to buy out the 50% owned by Transfield. ADI is THE major contractor providing by far the bulk of materiel and servicing to the Aust Defence Force, and it is now 100% French owned. The business known as ADI will be renamed Thales Australia. Thales Australia is an employer of 3500 employees and has revenues of $900 million. It will be divided into 6 business groups: Naval, Land, Joint Systems, Defences Services and Aerospace, Air Systems and Civil. Thales employs 60,000 people in 50 countries worldwide and generated revenues of AU$17 Billion in 2005, and has future contracts and orders worth AU$34 Billion.

While Thales, and it's subsidiary Thales Australia, has undoubtedly built a fine global reputation in the Defence business, does anyone see an issue with the bulk of any country's Defence-related industrial strength being foreign owned?
Old 09-11-06, 08:58
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
While Thales, and it's subsidiary Thales Australia, has undoubtedly built a fine global reputation in the Defence business, does anyone see an issue with the bulk of any country's Defence-related industrial strength being foreign owned?
I most certainly do. See what happened when your national gas supply comes from Russia and the Russians have "the valve" in their territory. . . . . . . .

A similar thing happened with Alvis-Vickers when it seemed General Dynamics Corp. were to buy the conglomerate out, at the last moment an asset management company put vast sums into British Aerospace (BAe) so they could easily out-bid GDC.
Bear in mind Alvis-Vickers, itself a recent conjunction, already owned some of the major European defence contractors.

From Hansard:
Mr. Gray: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence (1) what assurances General Dynamics has given regarding the continuance of (a) Alvis plc's UK-based and (b) Alvis Hagglund's development and production programmes and capabilities; [177780]

(2) what light and medium armour capabilities are produced by General Dynamics Corporation and its subsidiaries; what discussions have been held with General Dynamics concerning Alvis plc's Future Rapid Effects System activities; and if he will make a statement on the defence implications of the Office of Fair Trading's investigation into the proposed takeover of Alvis plc by General Dynamics Corporation. [177892]

Mr. Ingram: General Dynamics Corporation (GDC) and its subsidiaries produce a full suite of light and medium armour capabilities. Since the GDC offer to acquire Alvis plc was announced there have been several high-level discussions between the Ministry of Defence and GDC. These discussions covered both Alvis plc and the Future Rapid Effects System programme. On 3 June 2004 the Alvis plc Board recommended to its shareholders their acceptance of an offer from BAE Systems to acquire the company. GDC subsequently announced on 4 June 2004 that it would not revise its offer. The GDC offer for Alvis plc formally lapsed on 7 June 2004.
-------------------------------
Of course we don't know what official string-pulling with the "Hedge Funds" went on behind the scenes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6084832.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3773281.stm

R.
Old 10-11-06, 04:23
Bluebell

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
does anyone see an issue with the bulk of any country's Defence-related industrial strength being foreign owned?
Sounds like something our Government would do, rater than yours. We're about to spend a billion plus, uglying up the Auckland waterfront, in the name of sport!

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 10-11-06, 04:48
RIP

Canadian similariteis

Canadian LAVs manufactured by General Motors Diesel Division. GMDD bought by General Dynamics

SNC Technology, a subsidiary of SNC Lavalin, buys the CIL and the old Dominion Arsenal at Quebec gaining a monopoly on the manufacture of non-sporting ammunition. SNC then buys Expro, Canada's only explosives manufacturer. General Dynaics then buys SNC Tech.

Diemaco, Canada's sole manufacturer of military small arms and supplier to several NATO allies produces the Colt M-16 and M-4 under licence from Colt. Recently Diemaco is bought out and is now Colt Canada.

All of the above in the past 5 years.
Old 15-11-06, 10:00

We are fortunate to see the bushmaster on the road most days in Bendigo joining in with the traffic, except taking up lots of room. The radiator is attached to the front grill and hinges open. Make changing the radiator a breeze.

Dont forget ADI's 100km/h backhoe
http://www.adi-limited.com/download....mev_6p_eng.pdf

Steve
Old 15-11-06, 10:06
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Notton
I most certainly do.
So does your government, it seems. From the UK Defence Industrial Strategy: "We need to be assured that we can procure from a sustainable industrial base, that retains within the UK those industrial capabilities (including infrastructure, skills, intellectual property and capacity) that are required, from a national security perspective, to ensure our appropriate sovereignty."

The Dutch Defence - and the Dutch in general - seem to prefer to buy foreign materiel rather than from home-based companies.
Matter of fact is most if not all large companies in Holland are now owned by foreign companies.
Both my wife and I now work for two big French firms (my wife's company pension fund was already robbed empty).
British Steel merged with Koninklijke Hoogovens to form Corus. Corus was taken over last month by Tata Group from India.
I am now convinced the world is flat!

H.
Old 20-11-06, 13:41

Default Bushmaster

There is also a derivative of the Bushmaster called the FireKing.
There is a downloadable video from the following

http://www.adi-limited.com/default.asp?page=79

Steve
Attached Images

Old 20-11-06, 20:50
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: Bushmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Rooke
There is also a derivative of the Bushmaster called the FireKing.

Steve
The FireKing truck - the name for it if it breaks down at an inopportune moment I suppose.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern