MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 19-06-23, 16:02

Default Ram OP in North West Europe

I am just about at the painting stage of my model of a Ram OP tank. This will be one which was serving in NWE.
I know no one can be certain, unless you convince me otherwise, but what would be the best colour option for such a tank. I believe they would have been finished in SCC2 when built, but would they have been painted SCC15 on deployment?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Old 20-06-23, 10:44

To the best of my knowledge, you can justify either. Vehicles in SCC 2 were not supposed to be repainted in SCC 15 until they needed a repaint due to the condition of the existing paintwork, so if you finish it in SCC 2 I would certainly believe that for a vehicle in 1944. By 1945, maybe the same vehicle could have been repainted? But at the same time, you can also argue for a vehicle that needed a repaint in mid-1944 for any number of reasons.

IMHO: pick the one you like best. And whichever of the two you choose, your model will stand out against other British Second World War vehicles because it isn’t deep bronze green
Old 20-06-23, 15:52

Thanks Jakko. You read my mind.
Old 21-06-23, 10:04
MLU Administrator

Default Scc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakko Westerbeke View Post
To the best of my knowledge, you can justify either. Vehicles in SCC 2 were not supposed to be repainted in SCC 15 until they needed a repaint due to the condition of the existing paintwork, so if you finish it in SCC 2 I would certainly believe that for a vehicle in 1944. By 1945, maybe the same vehicle could have been repainted? But at the same time, you can also argue for a vehicle that needed a repaint in mid-1944 for any number of reasons.

IMHO: pick the one you like best. And whichever of the two you choose, your model will stand out against other British Second World War vehicles because it isn’t deep bronze green
I'll second Jakko's thoughts. I would use SCC2.