MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 05-11-03, 11:07
RIP

Default Bendigo Swap Meet

Hi All

Anyone going, be good to catch up with some of you lot. Ada & I are but if you want to catch up earlier we'll be at the Elphinstone Pub for dinner on Friday night 14/11. We'll be staying with a well known identity in that town and then driving up to Bendigo on Saturday morning. Sometime on Sunday we'll be heading back to Adelaide. It depends how many rides we can get.

Bob
Old 12-11-03, 07:42
V.M.V.C Member

Default Bendigo

Hi Salesman Bob,
I have been grounded after the purchase of another Blitz, so this will be the second one I have missed since I was 11 y/o, however Keith just may end up kicking around on Saturday He said all he has to do is keep one row in front of you so we can keep all the CMP parts in Vic. Good luck.
Euan.
Old 17-11-03, 01:31
Jeep guy in CMP world!

So how was the swap bob? anything worthwhile? and i`m not meaning tea pot covers...

Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net
Old 18-11-03, 10:43
RIP

Default Bendigo Swap Meet

Hi Ian

It was hot, 37c, very confusing as there seemed to be no system with the rows of sellers and hardly any military stuff. $8 entry plus $5 parking. Listening to coments Bendigo has dropped off with a lot of junk now being sold. Allegedly the Ballarat Swap Meet is far better organised. I'll try that one next but I don't think I'll bother going back to Bendigo.

Bob
Old 18-11-03, 16:01
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Bendigo is a dud

Hi Bob

Hooray !

Yes , I agree with your comments totally . Bendigo over the past few years has become a glorified trash and treasure market . Many of the sellers are selling everything but old car parts - pots and pans , old clocks , bric a brac , crockery etc.

Plus , most of the vehicle parts on offer are from the 1960's onwards . Much of the stuff is Holden and Falcon parts . It really has fallen off , I don't go anymore . The venue is a dustbowl , hot windy squalls have you thinking your in the Sahara desert . You walk for miles around disorganised rows of tables , I always get lost .

The prices for the parts are generally outrageous, people seem to think because its Bendigo , things are worth twice the normal rate .

I used to attend Bendigo swap every year 20 years back , it never was a good swap for military stuff . I often used to come home with nothing . The days of rows of vintage car parts dragged out of the barn are long gone .

I did score a pair of Chev Blitz brake hoses one year , but I must have walked 10 miles around that track in 37 C temp to find them !

I have much better luck at the smaller local swaps . Ballarat is better organised I have heard . Nicer location , but , again you have to walk for miles or use a push bike to see it all .

Mike .

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 18-11-03 at 16:55.
Old 22-11-03, 11:14
MLU Administrator

Default new thread

Steve Rooke's posting was the start of a new thread: "Yankee Joe" truck.