Derek Heuring

Default Re: New lyric !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Oh the Yapster,she's OK
She's on the forum as much as she can
But,don't ever,ever get her mad
Cause she wields a frying PAN !!
Bravo Garry! I think we're onto something here! Originally being from B.C. the "LumberJack song" always gave me a good laugh. Hmmm...Geoff is conspicious by his absence in this thread, you think we hit too close to home?! Or perhaps Ma did!
Old 28-10-05, 04:29
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: New lyric !!

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Bravo Garry! I think we're onto something here! Originally being from B.C. the "LumberJack song" always gave me a good laugh. Hmmm...Geoff is conspicious by his absence in this thread, you think we hit too close to home?! Or perhaps Ma did!
She only lets me off my leash when it's time to feed her "bunnies" (the raccoons). They haven't been around much lately so I have to sneak time on the internet else I'm stuck watching WW2 stuff on the TV (oh, the PAIN!).

Almost time to hibernate for the winter anyways. Got room for another Canuck down in Texas? Bloody sick and tired of this climate I am... :
Old 28-10-05, 05:24
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: New lyric !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
She only lets me off my leash when it's time to feed her "bunnies" (the raccoons). They haven't been around much lately so I have to sneak time on the internet else I'm stuck watching WW2 stuff on the TV (oh, the PAIN!).

Almost time to hibernate for the winter anyways. Got room for another Canuck down in Texas? Bloody sick and tired of this climate I am... :
Well, you know, it's not as warm as you think. Our high today was only 78! (I'm being facetious of course!) The weather is delightful this time of year. C'mon down Geoff, I'll show you around and maybe something good will arise from it. From previous threads it appears you're in the computer or IT industry, which is beginning to take off again. Texas is home to over 50 of the Fortune 500 companies and surpassed New York as the country's 2nd most populous state. Taxes are low and the economy is good. The amount of economic activity never ceases to amaze me. The state of Texas spent $500,000,000.00 for just one interchange last year...and that's just a drop in the bucket as to what is spent each year, just in construction alone! I just finished 2 1/2 years working on DFW airport's new terminal "D" which alone cost $675,000,000.00 which is just part of DFW's multi billion Capitol Development Plan. It goes on and on...a billion for the Cowboy's new stadium in Arlington, Dallas Area Rapid Transit is expanding, Pres. George Bush Turnpike just completed, Texas Instruments is expanding their facilities in Plano, Lockheed is building jets in Fort Worth, including the new Joint Strike Fighter, Bell Helicopter is building the Osprey...G.M. is upgrading it's plant. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say the total economic activity just in the Dallas/Fort Worth area alone exceeds the total G.N.P. of most countries! So c'mon down, check things out and who knows, there might be some competition for me for the "Handsomest Canadian in Texas"!
Old 30-10-05, 18:41
West Coaster

Default Sticking with it

Put me down for two large and three small. I like the original design proposal.

Cheers
JD
Old 31-10-05, 04:53
M38A1 CDN3

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New lyric !!

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Well, you know, it's not as warm as you think. Our high today was only 78! (I'm being facetious of course!) The weather is delightful this time of year. C'mon down Geoff, I'll show you around and maybe something good will arise from it. From previous threads it appears you're in the computer or IT industry, which is beginning to take off again. Texas is home to over 50 of the Fortune 500 companies and surpassed New York as the country's 2nd most populous state. Taxes are low and the economy is good. The amount of economic activity never ceases to amaze me. The state of Texas spent $500,000,000.00 for just one interchange last year...and that's just a drop in the bucket as to what is spent each year, just in construction alone! I just finished 2 1/2 years working on DFW airport's new terminal "D" which alone cost $675,000,000.00 which is just part of DFW's multi billion Capitol Development Plan. It goes on and on...a billion for the Cowboy's new stadium in Arlington, Dallas Area Rapid Transit is expanding, Pres. George Bush Turnpike just completed, Texas Instruments is expanding their facilities in Plano, Lockheed is building jets in Fort Worth, including the new Joint Strike Fighter, Bell Helicopter is building the Osprey...G.M. is upgrading it's plant. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say the total economic activity just in the Dallas/Fort Worth area alone exceeds the total G.N.P. of most countries! So c'mon down, check things out and who knows, there might be some competition for me for the "Handsomest Canadian in Texas"!
Is TI still on Mocking Bird Lane?

Flew into DFW when it was called Love Field. There was a huge wooden carved Ranger in the arrivals rotunda...an inscription affixed said..."Of course there ain't but one Ranger because there ain't but one riot."

Had business to do with TI, then, during a day off, decided to drive to Houston to see the Astrodome. Didn't realize that Houston was 400+ miles from Dallas. Didn't complete the trip.

At that time, believe it or not, Texas was a dry state. You went to a package store to buy a jug of yer finest, then went to a "pub" where your jug was stashed into a pigeonhole behind the bar. You then ordered a set up..meaning you paid for the mix but got a shot from your bottle. Quaint.