MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-10, 17:08
Andy

Cool! Thanks.

Mine has the 'authorized' holes in the front fenders (to the degree of swiss cheese) where the mirrors were mounted, then broke through from vibration, then were re-mounted by drilling the holes somewhere else. Yay. I'm guessing the mod was done because we never seem to have run without the doors on, and after awhile you couldn't even recognize buildings through that supposedly-transparent vinyl much less see the mirrors in their factory position (I've seen some U.S. ones with two mirrors mounted rather than the standard driver's side only. Works quite well if you run without doors.)

The cage and the fender mirrors are not going back in this one, so it'll have the shifted-forward radio mounts as per the cage install but will retain the older rear antenna setup with the M38A1 type main ant bracket and the M38A1-type rear corner bracket. I'm hoping to have it cam-painted for the Abbotsford Airshow this weekend as we're still sitting on some original IRR paint at work that's still perfect after however many years it's been.

I'll put some pics up after. We scrounged a ton of CANADA plates from the vehicles in the Cold Lake/ Jimmy Lake hard target holding compound (mostly off the old deuces and SMP 5-Tons) so I should be able to make up a decent set with my CFR by mixing and matching stick-ons with the aid of a hair-dryer Worth a shot.

Andy