MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 31-03-15, 22:32

Default Cemetaries

Jon and Hanno,

Thanks very much for your help.

Jon ,my interest for the Sherbrooke's stems from the fact that i am originaly from Sherbrooke and that i knew David Fowlis son of Sgt Harry Fowlis from the Sherbrooke Fusilier Regt. David and i were scouts together . His father commanded a Sherman in the action around and against the famous German officer . We played with a Luger pistol that was requisitioned from a certain SS Panzer Officer . My Grand father , my father and i were members of '' Les Fusiliers de Sherbrooke'' the militia unit , not the wartime Tank regiment whose traditions are perpetuated by the Sherbrooke Hussars , also a fine militia unit.

I will be driving and navigating. I love to get lost and ask directions from the Normans . I usualy ended up drunk a few hours later on Calvados after the request in a nice bed over a shop or Café. Once you tell them or they notice by your accent that you are a French Canadian you are done. I remember meeting a particular older lady that was younger in Normandy in ' 44. She had me as a guest for three days and two nights for free . I was very gratefull so i plowed her large garden and tended her yard . People remember what our fathers and grandfathers did for them.

Hanno, thanks for the invitation. Send me a PM with your private email and we will start from there. Is it reasonable to think driving from Bretteville to Holland , tour, celebrate and be back in Paris to board my plane all in one week ?

Tally-ho as Montgomery must of said sometime to '' his'' beloved '' canadians ''

Robert
94 LSVW
Old 01-04-15, 00:51
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron View Post
Is it reasonable to think driving from Bretteville to Holland , tour, celebrate and be back in Paris to board my plane all in one week ?
Robert,

Driving from Normandy to Holland will take about 7 to 8 hours, depending on traffic and stamina. Back to Paris is about 5 hours, but the you need time to board the plane.
So out of a 7 day week, it would leave approx. 5 days to tour and celebrate in Holland

Hanno
Old 02-03-16, 23:14

Le Paradis war Cemetery (France)

The place where 97 Royal Norfolks were massacred in 1940.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Paradis.jpg   Paradis1.jpg   Paradis4.jpg   Paradis2.jpg   Paradis3.jpg  

Old 03-03-16, 03:59

Default Hamburg (Friedhof Ohlsdorf) Cemetery

This cemetery contains both WWI POW and WWII casualties. Many of the WWII casualties are Commonwealth aircrew.

Old 03-03-16, 18:27
MLU Administrator

Ed,

Thanks for your contribution. One thing I would like to ask you is to attach pictures to your posts rather than using links to Photobucket - we have learned the hard way that one day sooner rather than later they will disappear making this thread worthless.

Here is how you learn how to post images - let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Hanno