MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-03-21, 05:59

Nearly a month ago, I had noted the meter readings on the Main Set Receiver were running low at 10 Volts DC and 130 Volts HT.

Since then, I have been running the set several nights a week for 15 to 20 minutes. Basically until it has warmed up and stabilized. During this process, the meter reading for the HT has settled in at a steady 125 Volts.

While killing some time this evening, I was reading through a few sections of the Operators Manual while the set was idling and noticed the comment in the Maintenance Section about checking the Meter from time to time to ensure it was correctly reading Zero when the Receiver was shut off.

I could remember checking the Zero Setting of the Meter on the Remote Receiver when I went through it, but could find no reference in my notes to doing so for the Main Set Receiver. The only references I had were to the fact the meters in both receivers were from two different makers. So I switched the set off. Sure enough! The meter needle pinned itself well below the Zero Mark. A quick adjustment of the Zero Set Screw at the bottom of the meter brought the needle spot on the the Zero Mark centre and I fired the set back up. I am now getting a steady 11 Volts LT and 135 Volts HT. A closer look at the resisters in the Meter Circuits will still be needed as that is the next likely point of issue. Some or all of these resisters may have finally gone off normal specifications.

David