MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 09-07-06, 05:17

Default Tanks, Which is better??????

As for a choice of which armoured vehicle. Although th M1 Abrahms is good, they have been taken out by the local populace. It seems the only thing that has been able to take out a Challenger so far is an Abrahms........ But then here down under we are almost ready to receive our first M1s.
Old 09-07-06, 06:31
Dave Demorrow

ian. NO M1A2 has ever been taken out in combat by any local. it has always been by the crew letting there guard down or by a IED so powerfull that no armored vehicle could have survived. most times you see a burning M1 it was scutteled by the crew or blowen up by a hellfire to keep it from falling in the hands or the other side. i know of at least 2 that were taken out this way with no harm to the crew ( one was a engine failing, and the other was due to falling into a river). i think the only other tank that i would like to be in durring combat is the Merkavha or maybe the chalanger II. the lepard 2 and AMX 40 (leclerk) have serious drawbacks, and lets not even bother counting the T-90 or the black eagle unless you are ready to buy 100 of them at a time.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 09-07-06, 15:49
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
ian. NO M1A2 has ever been taken out in combat by any local. it has always been by the crew letting there guard down or by a IED so powerfull that no armored vehicle could have survived. most times you see a burning M1 it was scutteled by the crew or blowen up by a hellfire to keep it from falling in the hands or the other side. i know of at least 2 that were taken out this way with no harm to the crew ( one was a engine failing, and the other was due to falling into a river). i think the only other tank that i would like to be in durring combat is the Merkavha or maybe the chalanger II. the lepard 2 and AMX 40 (leclerk) have serious drawbacks, and lets not even bother counting the T-90 or the black eagle unless you are ready to buy 100 of them at a time.

Gotta agree with Dave; the M1A2 Abrams with SEP (Systems Enhancement Package...fire control computer made in Canada, I might add!) is the best tank in the world, bar none! The M1 Abrams was upgraded with IVIS (inter vehicular information system, CITV (commander's independent thermal viewer), POS/NAV (position/navigation system), ICWS (improved commander's weapon station), dual redundant data and utility busses, an under armour APU, and reduced ballistic vulnerability. The only other tank I would want to serve in would be the Merkava III due to the Israelis efforts to improve crew survivability. The rest simply don'y match up.

My two Loonies worth anyway!

CHIMO!