MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-20, 18:55

Default Chevrolet 1533X2 30cwt LRDG truck mini articles

Hi
I've been researching these trucks for about 5 years now, collecting information from various sources including here. Its more historical and modelling than mechanical so bear that in mind please!

The Chevrolet 1533X2 30cwt LRDG truck had a flat face cowl on which a straight dashboard was fixed. This has been an area of contention for a few years, and having spent some time researching the details I am as confident as I can be of it's accuracy. The drawing is mine and not to scale. I don't have a truck on my drive to get measurements, so it's the best I can do and shows a general arrangement of the dashboard. There are 2 features I am not sure of on the dash board and any help identifying them would be great. I have included a diagram of a standard dash for comparative purposes and to confirm item identities. There are only partial views of the dash board that I have or know of in existence. The CMP grab handle wasn't commonly fitted, or, as it can be folded, maybe more common on the trucks but not visible behind the folded canvas door. The stencilling on the glove box maybe instructions for the PTO driven air compressor, or maybe some other factory applied Chevrolet information/data. Any information on the contents of the data decal would be great. Does anyone know whether the temperature gauge would be supplied by Canada to British forces in Centigrade or Fahrenheit?
This information comes from a company that does re-production gauge faces online, Maple Leaf Up Forum and various other sites including the LRDGPS forum.

D1.jpg D2.jpg