MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 25-06-10, 19:55
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Canada Day Convoy, Thurday 1 July, Kars, Merrickville & Kemptville (Eastern Ontario)

Greetings all:

I'm home from overseas and ending a self imposed limit on forum cruising due to work focus.

The Swords and Ploughshares Museum will be hosting the annual Canada Day Convoy to Merrickville and Kemptville again this year. Details:

The Swords and Ploughshares Museum will continue the 15 year tradition of the Canada Day Convoy on 1 July 2010. The museum’s mandate to educate the public about the sacrifices of Canada’s citizen soldiers will be well met over the two parades in Merrickville and Kemptville.

The convoy will depart the museum at 0930 hours, Thursday, 1 July arriving in Merrickville at approximately 1030 hours. We will line up at the senior citizen’s home and the parade steps off at 1130 hours. The minute gun must be stationed at the front of the packet so as to deploy as quickly as possible in preparation for the salute accompanying the playing of “Oh Canada!” at Noon. All other convoy vehicles will deploy into the Blockhouse Park to form a public display. The Legion will host us to a hotdog and a drink (museum drivers are reminded to limit themselves to one beer). My brother, Patrick, will be playing with his band, The Gutterboys, at the Serendipity Bistro; all are welcome to cheer them on!

The convoy will depart Merrickville for Kemptville at 1430 hours arriving at approximately 1520 hours. We will line up on a side lane opposite the entrance to the Giant Tiger parking lot and the parade steps off at 1600 hours. Again, the minute gun must be stationed at the front of the packet so as to deploy as quickly as possible in preparation for the salute accompanying the playing of “Oh Canada!” at 1700 hours. All other convoy vehicles will deploy to the rear parking lot and line up for departure back to the museum. Once the vehicles are lined up volunteers are welcome to check out the Canada Day activities. Unfortunately, there is no sponsor for a bite and a drink but all may purchase their own meal and drink tickets at the various vendors. Again, museum drivers are reminded to limit themselves to one beer.

Departure is open and non-museum vehicles may depart Kemptville when they wish. Museum vehicles will depart for the museum at 1830 hours (earlier if agreed by all drivers). The route back to the museum will be River Road and cross the Rideau on 416.

I’ll be sending out information on the rest of the summer events next week. Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Ubique!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 26-06-10, 02:01
Mr. HUP

Default Canada Day Convoy

Hi Mike, The family and I will be joining you this year. Let me know if you need assistance Mon-Weds next week.
Old 26-06-10, 20:18
Terry Warner

Default with regrets unable

Sorry Mike, will not be able to attend. However, have wondered when and if your open invitation to my co-driver for a Universal Carrier ride might be possible?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 04-07-10, 09:01
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Carrier Co-Driver

Hi Terry:

Come on down!

Cheers, Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 04-07-10, 12:03

Mike, did you get my PM I sent you.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer