MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 01-06-07, 18:37
Mr. HUP

Default Summer Gracies Call

Attention Rotters!

We need to convene before the Summer Campaign Season. Alex Blair - any news on Wild Bill's potential visit?? If Bill can't make it, we should meet anyway. I suggest Wednesday 13 June 2007. Official announcement to follow...
Old 01-06-07, 19:05
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Summer Gracies Call

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Attention Rotters!

We need to convene before the Summer Campaign Season. Alex Blair - any news on Wild Bill's potential visit?? If Bill can't make it, we should meet anyway. I suggest Wednesday 13 June 2007. Official announcement to follow...
RH..
I had contacted Uncle Willy about the May -June Ottawa trip and he did not reply..I think he hates me..
Wed. 13Th June is fine with me..
I'll be there..
Maybe Bill will respond to this thread and confirm or let us know..
Old 01-06-07, 20:48
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Canna be for me!

Wed 13 Jun I'm hosting my boss out at the museum... beer and BBQ so if'n ya all want to come out and do BYOBBB I'll provide the propane and ice!

Mike

www.calnan.com/swords
Old 01-06-07, 20:55

Default Re: Canna be for me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Wed 13 Jun I'm hosting my boss out at the museum... beer and BBQ so if'n ya all want to come out and do BYOBBB I'll provide the propane and ice!

Mike

Gunner...
This is only and exploratory call.Nothing firm until Bill pipes up..He may be coming on the XXXXX Of June,we don't know yet so it will be on that date..
Stay tuned..

Old 03-06-07, 13:59

Default Re: Summer Gracie's Call

Alex; So very sorry to hear that you have contracted the deadly CRAFT disease!! I did respond to your last!
Folks, I have six more weeks left in the service of Her Majesty, and with two of those weeks on leave, I shall be using the remaing time to do clearing, etc. Post CADPAT, I intend to be one with my motorcycle, and with the bare necessities strapped on the back, to do some solo travelling for a couple of weeks "or so" or until I get sick of my own company, or SWMBO cuts off the debit card, and I have to return to harbour to top up the funds. With any luck I will travel to the wilds of upper Canada in order to partake in some of the upcoming festivities, and take advantage of some previously offered hospitality, or until I wear out my welcome. So, having said that, I hope to be in the area some time this summer(no more fixed report times!!!) Alex, I'll ph you, and we can discuss.
Cheers, Bill
Old 03-06-07, 19:44

Default Re: Re: Summer Gracie's Call

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mulholland
Alex; So very sorry to hear that you have contracted the deadly CRAFT disease!! I did respond to your last!
Folks, I have six more weeks left in the service of Her Majesty, and with two of those weeks on leave, I shall be using the remaing time to do clearing, etc. Post CADPAT, I intend to be one with my motorcycle, and with the bare necessities strapped on the back, to do some solo travelling for a couple of weeks "or so" or until I get sick of my own company, or SWMBO cuts off the debit card, and I have to return to harbour to top up the funds. With any luck I will travel to the wilds of upper Canada in order to partake in some of the upcoming festivities, and take advantage of some previously offered hospitality, or until I wear out my welcome. So, having said that, I hope to be in the area some time this summer(no more fixed report times!!!) Alex, I'll ph you, and we can discuss.
Cheers, Bill
Hi Bill..
Any evening before 9PM would be great..
To be foot loose and fancy free on your murder cycle and have a time table....???NOt gonna happen...You'll get here when we see you and the party can start from there...I don't have to be home soon...do you...???
I would guess not..To hear your cheery voice will be a treat..
I'll fly the missing man formation in the bar at Gracies for you on the proposed 13th..
I'll set a Kilkenny on the table in case you show up....If you don't show ,I'm sure Rob can use it to wash the grease off from behind his ears with it but it will never go to waste..
Call soon...I have some days off to chalk into your dance card...
Brother Al
Old 04-06-07, 16:53

Default BBQ Chez moi!

Alex (et al.):

The 13th is still bad for me but Bill is welcome to bring his carcass and body parts donor cycle chez moi to burn some meaty offerings to the CMP and RAT gods... you can come too!

No hijacking intended here but Alex... why don't you come out fer si si dee si (Calnan's Canada Day Convoy); we need a troll, I mean, an "air" sentry for the hatch of the 8Cwt!

Seriously, you'd be more than welcome!

Mike

www.calnan.com/swords
Old 04-06-07, 19:40

Default Re: BBQ Chez moi!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Alex (et al.):

The 13th is still bad for me but Bill is welcome to bring his carcass and body parts donor cycle chez moi to burn some meaty offerings to the CMP and RAT gods... you can come too!

No hijacking intended here but Alex... why don't you come out fer si si dee si (Calnan's Canada Day Convoy); we need a troll, I mean, an "air" sentry for the hatch of the 8Cwt!

Seriously, you'd be more than welcome!

Mike

Hi Mike..
Would love to come to your gig but am indisposed on 1 July...Canada day..
I'm piloting the missing man aircraft in the fly past ...
But will take a rain check of the Air gunners position on a future gather up...and I don't make the call on the 13th...I don't know whay we have to have it that day..This is a cattle call by Rob..the Entertainment chairman for the ROTers...
14TH could do just as well or any day is good for me..ROB...PICK another date so Gunner can come..I want to laugh at his combat sandles...
Old 06-06-07, 02:51
Mr. HUP

Default Rats!

It turns out that Gunner is not available on the 13th or 14th. I may be away 14-15 Jun. Will confirm the date tomorrow...sniff, sniff! Alex is waiting with baited breath.
Old 06-06-07, 03:27

Default Re: Rats!

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
It turns out that Gunner is not available on the 13th or 14th. I may be away 14-15 Jun. Will confirm the date tomorrow...sniff, sniff! Alex is waiting with baited breath.

RH...
Pick a date and I'll be there....or do I have to go every night next week just in case...??
Old 06-06-07, 14:53
RIP

Default Re: Re: BBQ Chez moi!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
..I want to laugh at his combat sandles...
Sandals are now available in a variety of camouflage shades. Check out Globo shoes. Just the thing for traipsing through the African greenery.
Old 06-06-07, 15:02

Default Re: Re: Re: BBQ Chez moi!

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub
Sandals are now available in a variety of camouflage shades. Check out Globo shoes. Just the thing for traipsing through the African greenery.
Hi Clive..
Gunner will be down there like a dog on a pork chop......
Did you get any confirmation from RH on a Gracies date yet..??
All these extra curricular activities interfering with our gather ups has got to stop...This may be the last chance before summer.
13 TH JUne now..??
I don't know..RH is the entertainment chairman but couldn't make a decision to fart,unless we help him...
I guess that is why he is chairman..a political appointment ,no doubt..

Old 06-06-07, 17:41

Default Planning date for Gracies

Gunner - absent 13-14
RH Clarke absent 14-15

Would the 12th (Tuesday) work for all? Otherwise we may have to push into the following week, and who knows what other complications could arise then.

Grant
Old 06-06-07, 17:53

Default Re: Planning date for Gracies

Quote:
Originally posted by Grant Bowker
Gunner - absent 13-14
RH Clarke absent 14-15

Would the 12th (Tuesday) work for all? Otherwise we may have to push into the following week, and who knows what other complications could arise then.

Grant
Good call Grant..
Make it the 12Th..
I'll be there...
I might just show up on the 11th and stay until someone shows up..

Old 06-06-07, 22:08

Default Blub 12 bblub June bbllluubb

Teaching a scuba class to a bunch of army cadets... sorry!

The offer for a BBQ chez moi on the 13th is still open! You can all tell my boss what a great guy I am!

Mike

P.S. I'll stop in at Globo tonight on the way home! Anyone ask Clive how he knows about them? Is he a closet camo sandal man himself?

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 06-06-07, 23:13

Default This is getting difficult

You would almost think that some of us have lives outside of beer and rusty old toys (in defference to Mike, for whom trucks may only be semi-appropriate).
We have several problems, does anyone have a solution that covers all?
If we can't come to concensus that most can make a day during the week of 11-15, can people say whether they are available the following week. I know that the week of 18-22 has a lower chance of work interfering with my attendance but can probably make 12-15.

Grant
Old 07-06-07, 18:09
Mr. HUP

Default THIS IS IT!

The next Gracies call will be next week - Tuesday 12 June 2007 at Gracies on Olgilvie. Sorry gunner, but the Gracies girls saw your reply and got a little upset that you would even contemplate denying them the pleasure of the company of such an august crowd - at any date. Besides, your claw footed hairy legs can't compete with the gams on display at Olgilvie.

Again, 12 June 2007 is the date.

PS - Alex, delay in date choice was imposed by work related demands - you know work, right? It is sort of like having a second wife telling you what to do and when, but you get paid for doing what is asked...

Last edited by RHClarke; 07-06-07 at 18:14.
Old 07-06-07, 18:37

Default Rob,

Do you ever feel you are trying to herd cats?
Old 07-06-07, 19:09
Mr. HUP

Default Cats?

Quote:
Originally posted by Grant Bowker
Do you ever feel you are trying to herd cats?
Could be worse: herding squirrels on caffeine, liberals in court or signals types at any time...
Old 07-06-07, 19:22

Default Re: THIS IS IT!

PS - Alex, delay in date choice was imposed by work related demands - you know work, right? It is sort of like having a second wife telling you what to do and when, but you get paid for doing what is asked... [/B][/QUOTE]

HI RH...
I know you are time challanged but would the big hand be on twelve..and the little hand on five...just like all the other times...??
I shall be there..

Old 07-06-07, 21:11

Default Blub blub

Have fun!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 07-06-07, 22:36
Mr. HUP

Default SOP

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair

PS - Alex, delay in date choice was imposed by work related demands - you know work, right? It is sort of like having a second wife telling you what to do and when, but you get paid for doing what is asked...
HI RH...
I know you are time challanged but would the big hand be on twelve..and the little hand on five...just like all the other times...??
I shall be there..

[/B][/QUOTE]

Alex,

Since when did you need a timing other than opening time? In any case, 5:30 PM or if you prefer 1730 hrs is the standard operating procedure timing for these meetings.

Right! Rotters Check In:

Alex: Always;
Bowker:
Clarke: Roger;
Calnan: Blub blub...;
Carriere:
Fedak:
Ratcliffe:
Pylon:
Francis:
Wright:
Sartorially perfect Clive:
Wild Bill: Excused duty; and
Anyone else I missed:
Old 11-06-07, 18:07
Mr. HUP

Default GRACIES REMINDER

Alex and company,

This is just a reminder for you to keep Tuesday afternoon 12 June open for suds and stories at Gracies on Olgilvie.

Alex, would you remind Marcus Montgomery of this event??

By the way, prepare to be "invaded" by the Iltis Club. They should be out in force (I saw S. Fedak at the Kars Cadet Annual Review parade yesterday).

See ya at Gracies!
Old 13-06-07, 03:20
Mr. HUP

Default Not So Bad for a Warm Night

The Rotters held their meeting and had a good turnout. We were supplanted by a bunch of teachers saying good bye to one of their own. Some nice stories about developing students, but nothing to do about truck restorations...on a foot note, some of the younger female teachers were strikingly beautiful! If I had teachers like that when I went through the edjamacation system, I would have been a regular attendee...

Tonight the Rotters were well served by Jan. Jan is a Masters student at one of the local universities. Her good humour and charm were well appreciated. Sitting with Jan are (from left to right) John Grainger (pardon the spelling - see above), Grant Bowker, Stewart Fedak, Bob Carriere and Alex Blair.
Attached Thumbnails
rot jun.jpg