MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 28-10-05, 05:05

Default Wild Willy was in town....

The usual disgraceful meeting was held at Gracie's to commemorate the prestigious visit of Uncle Bill in Ottawa.....

Gracie was home with the flu so we made do with Nathalie... she invited Uncle Bill to stay for the weekend but he had to go back on Friday....

Usual blackmail picture attached Bill, Bob and Alex....Rob held the camera from the other end....
Attached Thumbnails
100_0777enlresized.jpg  
Canada
Old 28-10-05, 13:37
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default And a fine time it was....

Bill Mullholland was up from New Brunswick on one of his Ottawa visits and we had a great time at Gracie O'mally's ,as usual..
We try to get together a few times a year to swap news,friendship and restoration tips and bits and pieces news..
A few brew seem to be involved and more like kind of the ROT(Rusty old trucks) members would be a welcome addition to a fun evening..
Next evening will be early December ,I think..
I'll post here as the times are finalized and would welcome any in the area to join us in a great evening.
Old 29-10-05, 03:54
Mr. HUP

Default The Clamdiggers?

Bob,

What band did Nat warn us about? Clamdiggers? Chowderheads? Fishydigits? Too much Guinness, too little time. Mebbe she was calling us names...

It was good to see the Wild One in his natural habitat. It was also good to see that his experience as a honourary gunner did not warp him further...

Here are the minutes of the meeting:

Bob went crazy on epay...
Alex had a mean streak as a welding instructor...
I'm was a loss for words (Gunner would be shocked)- particularly when the young breeding stock wobbled by.
Wild Bill has been enjoying life taming infanteers who wannabe mechanics.
Clive (absent) was holding back tears of pride at his Cadet CWO son's RSM appointment parade.
Gunner (absent) went to great lengths to avoid buying those ROTters present a beer (teaching AU chaps the Cdn art of paperwarfare at good ole Camp Aldershot (NS) - don't believe what the bar wench says about me, Mike).

Regretfully, I had to duck out early to fetch a Korea war vet for a social gathering...so I can't report on the bad behaviour and lies told thereafter.

Here's looking forward to the next ROTters meeting - hopefully we can coax Greg W, Don D and others to join us in the fine art of female ale purveyor appreciation and the less refined art of telling lies.

PS Gunner will be back in town 11 November!
Old 30-10-05, 01:17

Default ROTTERS(Ottawa Valley Chapter)

As always, a grand, albeit short evening. Thanks much for the evening boys,and of course the lovely Nathalie, who in true cavalry mode lent a bit of class to the usual unseemly brawl. Hope to see more faces on the next sojourn from the wilds of central New Brunswick.
Cheers, Bill
Old 30-10-05, 02:03
Mr. HUP

Default Why is it...

that Wild Bill always gets to sit next to the gal at these meetings?
Old 30-10-05, 02:36
RIP

Default Why I wasn't there

Here is a pic of the young'un getting his new rank badges - from his old man. Damn right there were tears in my eyes. The young pup even saluted me!!

Old 30-10-05, 03:10
Mr. HUP

Default Congrats - to both of you!

He must have been raised proper. How soon before he gets his first "legal" Guinness?
Old 30-10-05, 03:13
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Clive... my heartiest and warmest congratulations to Cdt RSM Law. That's a fine accomplishment and I thank you for posting that pic.

Old 30-10-05, 13:42

Default Re: Why I wasn't there

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub
Here is a pic of the young'un getting his new rank badges - from his old man. Damn right there were tears in my eyes. The young pup even saluted me!!

Clive
That is the best excuse there is for missing free beer..Family..
Well done to CWO Law...and family..
Shows some fine upbringing..You have the right to have a tear in your eye..
Well done..
Old 30-10-05, 15:59
Senior Forum Member

Thumbs up Re: Why I wasn't there

Hi Clive;

Please pass on to Cdt CWO Law my congratulations on his promotion and on his appointment as the Cadet Corps Regimental Sergeant-Major. Great photo of a proud father and his son. A very fine accomplishment indeed.

Cheers
Old 01-11-05, 01:11

Default Well Done

Fine looking young man Clive, as Rob said - "He must have been raised proper". Quite an honour to present new rank badges to your son. And on another note, proper excuse for missing free??? beer, there will be a next time!! To answer Rob's question - I'm not the one mincing around with the camera then, am I??????? One must organize one's priorities mustn't one?
Cheers, Bill
Old 01-11-05, 02:06
Mr. HUP

Default Again, I am humbled...

by the wise, taught by the experienced, and better off for just knowing you, Bill. Being behind the camera keeps me in the good books with long haired niner.

Keep us posted on the goings on down there in and about Fredsville...
Old 01-11-05, 03:06
RIP

Default Re: Congrats - to both of you!

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
He must have been raised proper. How soon before he gets his first "legal" Guinness?
Richard visited Ireland a few years ago and has already had some 'legal' Guiness. They (the Irish) have the right attitude about beer.
Old 02-11-05, 02:30
Mr. HUP

Default His First Guinness...

Clive,

That's quite a long way to get a beer! Was the depanneur out? I am glad that the CCWO is open to cultural experiences. So, when can we drag him out to Gracies?
Old 02-11-05, 12:46
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Wild Willy was in town....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
The usual disgraceful meeting was held at Gracie's to commemorate the prestigious visit of Uncle Bill in Ottawa.....

Ah yes, the fine art of S.W.P. (Serving Wench perusal) is alive and well in Ontario. Well done Lads! The Search for the Holy Grail (Irish Pub) continues unabated in Texas. Somehow "Hooters" just doesn't quite match the friendly ambiance of a great pub, and Coors Light is a poor substitute for a full bodied Stout. I have been blessed with the opportunity to imbibe at some great pubs throughout Canada....The Yorkshire Rose in Abbotsford..... Tir Nan Og in Kingston.....The Blarney Stone in Vancouver, and a lot of others whose names are lost in a maze of hail.....sorry!....haze of ale!
By the way....laying a book on the table....great prop. Makes the girls think you're a sauve and debonair intellectual. After all, we all know rotters can't read!
Old 02-11-05, 14:04

Default Re: Re: Wild Willy was in town....

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Ah yes, the fine art of S.W.P. (Serving Wench perusal) is alive and well in Ontario. Well done Lads! The Search for the Holy Grail (Irish Pub) continues unabated in Texas. Somehow "Hooters" just doesn't quite match the friendly ambiance of a great pub, and Coors Light is a poor substitute for a full bodied Stout. I have been blessed with the opportunity to imbibe at some great pubs throughout Canada....The Yorkshire Rose in Abbotsford..... Tir Nan Og in Kingston.....The Blarney Stone in Vancouver, and a lot of others whose names are lost in a maze of hail.....sorry!....haze of ale!
By the way....laying a book on the table....great prop. Makes the girls think you're a sauve and debonair intellectual. After all, we all know rotters can't read!
That is a great pub and the girls are friendly and the service is great..
The book is "Where the hell are the Guns?" by George Blackburn..He lives aroung the corner from me and I was going to get him to autograph it for my buddy..
If you want the best books from Nornandy to Berlin get Georges books..
He was a Captain ,Forward Observer for the 25 pounders..
He was a journalist ,pre war and I couldn't put his books down..
Google George Blackburn and you will come up with the three books he wrote..He is 89 now and tells me he has to cut back on his activities..He is busy with visiting,public speaking at schools,vets hospitals and ceremonies all over Canada..What a great guy..
One of Canada's true heros,George Blackburn M.C............