MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-13, 14:24

Default Diamond T 969A Wrecker and Recovery Trailer, 8 Ton, Aust.

Hello All,

Some time back in another thread I was chasing information on the Australian 8 Ton Recovery Trailer.

Well, in early January 2013, during the hottest week of temperatures I can remember, Dad (Ray) and I headed off on a 3200km round trip to pick up a Diamond T Wrecker and Recovery Trailer. Temperatures in the mid 40's and an old truck that can only manage about 75 - 80km an hour at best.

After a week of hot weather, mechanical difficulties and a slow and windy trip home, we returned with the pair.

I am after, please, any and all information on the Australian Version of the 8 Ton, Six Wheeled, Recovery Trailer.

The trailer itself is (I assume) the Australian Version of the English / British Cranes 7.5 Ton Recovery Trailer.

I'm chasing anything - information, manuals, photographs, manufacturers, details, etc.etc. for the Australain Version, but would also like as much information on the Cranes 7.5 Ton Recovery Trailer to help me fill in the pieces of the Australian 8 Ton version.

I have only been able to find a few photographs and some technical info on the Cranes Trailer (from this forum) and a couple of small images from the Austalian War Memorial, but have had no further success.

Are there any others around anywhere that I can visit in Australia, or get photographs of, for measurements, etc. to fill in the missing pieces on our trailer.

Our aim is to have the set-up as shown in the last photograph from the Australian War Memorial (to take to Parades, Displays, etc.) , but of course with at least a carrier on the trailer!!!

Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

With Many Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Darian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1661 - Copy.jpg (90.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0050 - Copy.jpg (41.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0052 - Copy.jpg (54.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0056 - Copy.jpg (50.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Re-exposure of DIAMOND_T_WRECKER_B - Copy.jpg (37.8 KB, 112 views)