MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 18-04-08, 11:45
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default population of Toronto CANADA

I was listening to a local ABC radio show and somebody mentioned that the population of Toronto is growing by 100,000 annually . That's 100K more humans in Toronto each year .. Is that true ? Aparently it's migration doing it .

Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 18-04-08, 12:00
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Yes, but the impact is greater than that, because as fast as we fill Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver with 3rd World immigrants, people who've been there for many generations are moving out. I'm now actually a minority in the city I was born in, and I'll be long gone by this time next year...

On the bright side, once you get outside the large urban regions, Canada is just...... Canada. It's strange, though. Blame a generation of liberal-left leadership at the highest levels, and as we all know, once a policy is solidly entrenched in government circles, it's nigh on impossible to change it.
Old 19-04-08, 09:47
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball View Post
Yes, but the impact is greater than that, because as fast as we fill Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver with 3rd World immigrants, people who've been there for many generations are moving out.
Oh! You're talking about Canada, I thought it was England for a moment.

At least you have a very, very big land mass. . . . . . . . .

People also overlook, and the officialdom doesn't want to let it out, that one "permit" often covers a whole family which handily skews the data downwards, plus even more hidden is the 5:1 apparent breeding ratio increase of many classes of immigrants here.

Interesting that an "official" 200,000 more per annum are coming in here against those leaving.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=260

Quote:
I'm now actually a minority in the city I was born in, and I'll be long gone by this time next year...
Lucky its only the city. . . . . . . . . . . .

Where is Enoch Powell when you need him? The most erudite but maligned and mis-understood person you could find.

I too had a plan to be gone by the same time, however, some entirely cavalier fiscal machinations the other side of the water have currently served to reduce my pension growth by 20% and similarly my currency, which represents an unworkable loss of converted value of my home, that is assuming the base value hasn't also dropped owing to fiscal millstone we have just been thrown from afar.

Maybe this is the "special arrangement" from some 60 odd years ago that I am constantly reminded of by our illustrious, and unelected leader; I thought having finally paid off lend-lease (+interest) for all these years then we'd have a few pennies spare, not so it seems.

Anyway, look on the bright side; the one size fits all €, doesn't, and the flight from abroad into alternative "firmer", "federal" money, might be a big mistake.

The whole €zone finance would appear to be an inverted pyramid like the business end of a Vickers hardness tester bearing down on our correct and efficient German chums; should their surface temper prove insufficient then the € will come down like an idling 777-236 ER at Heathrow; which will suit me just fine.

I think Bayerische Motorenn Werke are laying off people and together with those at the Stuttgart Star and Dr. Ferdinand's crew, are having a bit of a job shifiting even more expensive cars into the previous happy hunting grounds that now have even softer currencies.

Similarly if you are in the market for an A380 then its just got a lot more expensive; unless you can get EADS to take the hit.

World renown experts stated this week that some €zone economies are "circling the plug-hole" and likely two countries may well be obliged to leave the "club".

Oh dear.

R.
Exceedingly grumpy of a cold, wet, windy and grey (no surprises there then) Shirrell Heath facing at least one more English winter and a continuing tirade of Govt spin - the official term for lying.
Old 23-04-08, 11:39
Richard Notton

Default 23rd April

Not entirely the right place for this but there is a connection, of sorts.

Its England day today, but best not get too excited about it for fear of entanglements with officialdom since we could give offence to others as we are regularly told.

I shall not hang my large St. George cross out the front of the house since:

A. The local authorities will likely tell me to remove it, as has happened.

B. Half the population will think, incorrectly, I have an interest in football.

Must rush and check my rubbish bin, wouldn't want the lid ajar would we, I can do without a criminal record:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

Welcome to the madhouse.

R.

(Now, why do I want to leave?)
Old 23-04-08, 11:49
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Notton View Post
Welcome to the madhouse.
Where's the bit about the rotating knives? Must have missed that somehow...
Old 23-04-08, 12:28
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball View Post
Where's the bit about the rotating knives? Must have missed that somehow...

Don't be silly Ball-W, they were banned 450AD.

Keep yer voice down, any mention of knives now and the Kevlar Cowboys will be round here in 2 mins flat; regular plod take anything from 2 hours to 2 weeks.

R.
Old 23-04-08, 12:35
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Notton View Post
Must rush and check my rubbish bin, wouldn't want the lid ajar would we, I can do without a criminal record:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

Welcome to the madhouse.

R.

(Now, why do I want to leave?)
It's getting like that here . A suburban council in Sydney NSW, is experimenting with micro chips in ratepayers plastic wheelie bins . They want to know the breakdown of rubbish by weight , and whos rubbish it is . A Melbourne suburban council , checking on the ratepayers , would hire a aircraft and check out backyards for illegal construction of garages, outhouses or sheds . The '1984' premise has come to haunt us all, George Orwell got it right all those years ago. Sadly, his theoretical imagined world is now our ' real ' world .What a thinker he was . Animal Farm, my fav. I've seen many humans who think and act like those pigs .

Richard, sometimes , it takes me a while to decipher your words , I get the point of it most of the time .. I'm a high school dropout , go easy .

Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad
Old 23-04-08, 13:12
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
It's getting like that here . A suburban council in Sydney NSW, is experimenting with micro chips in ratepayers plastic wheelie bins . They want to know the breakdown of rubbish by weight , and whos rubbish it is .
You're catching up in the New World then, been done here. People have already been prying them off and thus going to court for criminal damage too.

When they do mine I'll not touch it, however, I can generate 1kW of RF from 1.8MHz to 29.5MHz, pair of 4X250's or four 572B's, whatever you fancy; I wonder how good their chips are for EMC?

Quote:
A Melbourne suburban council , checking on the ratepayers , would hire a aircraft and check out backyards for illegal construction of garages, outhouses or sheds .
And that too has been the norm here for many years now.

Quote:
The '1984' premise has come to haunt us all, George Orwell got it right all those years ago. Sadly, his theoretical imagined world is now our ' real ' world .What a thinker he was . Animal
Farm, my fav. I've seen many humans who think and act like those pigs .
Quite so.

Quote:
Richard, sometimes , it takes me a while to decipher your words , I get the point of it most of the time .. I'm a high school dropout , go easy .
Oh dear, too old to change the obtuseness now; anyway gives you something to wile away the time. . . . . . . . . .

R.
Old 24-04-08, 03:07
M38A1 CDN3

Mike, now that you've read Richard's and Sunray's comments, perhaps you'll realize our collective frustration about the "overwhelmingness" of the immigrant situation.

We are getting (gotten?) swamped with Third World people who share neither our altruism nor our values. They use our countries as "flags of convenience" and profess allegiance only to their own country, notwithstanding the flagrant attempts to introduce their home land ideology on us...i.e. Sharia law, kirpan usage, blatant jihadism, etc.

Mike, I recall some 40+ years ago that I toyed with the idea of moving to Oz. My queries with the Embassy resulted in a no-go situation since Oz was on a major contruction spree and only tradesmen were allowed in. As part of this revelation, I learned that your borders were strictly closed to Third World "undesirables".

So, a question for you...What the hell happened to that policy?