MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 18-10-10, 14:26
RIP

Default bren gun carrier track unissued 21 link sections x19

I have on offer for sale to best tender a set of British carrier track also fits Canadian in unissued lenghts of 21 links . I will finalize best offer in two weeks and keep other offerers outbid updated in their bid . offers are over 4000 pounds currently best offer is 4500 pounds with two more sourcing further details
Track was recovered off farm in drought area 30 years ago where it was stacked on side on rocky hill so one edge has some caked on rust dirt coating but no severe rust damage . Track in recesses on some has factory original blue finnish still .payment in Aud equivalent in seven days of acceptance ie using last weeks exchange rate 4500 pounds equals 7500 aud on rate of .60
link to milweb add is

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=50

I have had it on concrete in shed for last 30 years and all nineteen 21 link sections move freely , there are also a number of joiner pins and four sections of shorter track removed off a ramp from another source these too are little used near unissued but two of these lenghs are froze as seem to have some concrete and rust on them from ramp but would loosen up fine

okay british track has gone and fellow will finalize other items he wants this week i still have one set of unused Aussie track and one set of used which is being offered to all loosing tenders now
thank you for your interest

see shots had it for a carrier project I never did and you all know how rare unissued British track is still has many makers marks on it dated 1942 etc

links still have left over edge flakes when removed from mould l not seen on worn track giving a jagged edge look on hnge area

okay updated will close tenders and let winner know on 1/11/2010 now there are four tenders and we are going well seems a lot of interst and winning tenderer is nice fellow

There has been much interest in other carrier stuff I have and winner gets first pick. also for the loosers I have the option of one set of unissued or little used local pattern track that is pinned differently to British track and slightly wider in teeth for slightly thicker road wheel rubber , actually pinning system allows for better maintance . This track will work on British /Canadian carriers , this is my last full set of local pattern track and loosing tenderer may have option here i also have a very worn set of local pattern track that will move and go around but very worn this to can be offered as well for those on tight budget then I am out of my spare track .

Last edited by Rod Bellars (RIP); 25-08-15 at 09:53.