MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > Canadian Military Vehicle Organisations > Ontario Military Vehicle Association News

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-04-16, 02:55

Default OMVA -Aquino Weekend

Hello to all OMVA members. As previously announced in another thread started by Barry Churcher, The Ontario Regiment Museum in Oshawa has invited the OMVA to display vehicles at Aquino Weekend. This year’s three day event takes place on May 27, 28 & 29. Members who attend with a vehicle will get free admission. We will be setting up a tent that will serve as a base for OMVA vehicle display, provide members with shelter, a place to gather and meet. I’ve offered my help to the OMVA executive and will act as the lead person for this event. To get a sense of how many members plan to attend, we ask that you respond by sending a private message or post your intent on this thread. Please pass this message along to other members.

More info about Aquino available on the thread http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25444

The LaQuinta Hotel, recommended by the museum, appears to be booked up if you're looking for a two night stay (Friday/Saturday). When I called there was still some availability for the Friday night. A close by and reasonably priced alternate is the Residence & Conference Center, about 6.8 kilometers/14 minutes away. There was still some availability when I booked my room yesterday, April 27th. Free continental breakfast, free WiFi & free parking.

https://ca.hotels.com/hotel/details...._H2122.011.003

Have been informed by Aquino organizers that our display/tent area will be in the field area next to the main entrance. This is a great spot as it gives easy access in or out and also gives us a prominent location with regards to public visibility. See aerial photo below. General vehicle and tow/trailer parking as indicated.

I shall be there with my 1961 Daimler MK 2/3 Ferret Scout Car. Look forward to seeing/meeting you there.

Cheers, Terry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ont.Regt.Museum..jpg (105.6 KB, 20 views)
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)

Last edited by Terry Witiuk; 30-04-16 at 03:24. Reason: New Info/Accomodations/Display Area