Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-02-09, 20:29
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink Canadian National Anthem..

Our National Anthem - at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics
Please read and forward to as many Canadians you can think of ˆ thank you
WE ARE PROUD CANADIANS

Bruce Allen is on the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Committee and new Canadians (specifically Hindi's/Indian's) want him fired for his recent comments outlined below:
I am sorry, but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Hindi at the 2010 Olympics- enough is enough. Nowhere or at no other time in our Nation's history, did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, or any other language because of immigration. It was written in English, adapted into French, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.

The news broadcasts even gave the Hindi version translation - which was not even close to our National Anthem. I am not the least bit sorry if this offends ANYONE, this is MY COUNTRY; My Grand Dad served in the military, other family members also served, as well as my wife & I served a combined total of 56 years between us. We made many sacrifices for our country and do not feel we should feel obligated to allow invited people we've welcomed with open arms to influence & change our society to better resemble the one they chose to leave to come here!!! - IF YOU AGREE ABOUT THIS GREAT COUNTRY, SPEAK UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
-- please pass this along .
I am not against immigration. In fact I believe we need more, my ancestors were immigrants -- just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the Rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and LONG LIVE CANADA!'

It's time we all get behind Bruce Allen, and scrap this Political Correctness crap. His comments were anything but racist, however, there are far too many overly sensitive 'New Canadians' that are attempting to change everything we hold dear.

ARE you PART OF THE PROBLEM ??? Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone, will we still be the Country of Choice and Still be CANADA if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries who have come to live in CANADA because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT CANADIAN'S, MUST ADAPT.

It's Time for CANADIANS to speak up.. If you agree ? Pass this along; if you don't agree?
Delete it and reap what you sew because of your complacency!

Old 05-02-09, 05:31
Mr. HUP

Default Er...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
It was written in English, adapted into French, and should be sung word for word the way it was written.
Some notes:
We are all descendants from immigrants (including our so called first nations). So no need to play that card. Language wise, the anthem was originally written in 1880 "en francais" ... http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/s...hem-eng.cfm#a2 and made its English debut in 1901.

So what? Cooler heads will prevail. Reason will win over emotion, and I for one enjoy the fact that folks want to learn the National Anthem (regardless of the language). Sort of makes up for those staunch Canadians who want the anthem removed from public schools. Kind of ironic that the "immigrants" want to further embelish our anthem whereas other "non-immigrants" want to remove it.

There are better fights to pick...
Old 01-04-09, 14:38
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink Newfoundland 60th Anniversary

RH...
Newfoundland joined Canada 60 years ago today..in 1949..
Having moved to and lived in NFLD from '52-'56 I remember the frontier early days of Confederation in NFLD....and have some beautiful memories of life in Newfoundland as a lad growing up in an outport(Burin) and the Capital city of St.John's...
I want to wish all Newfoundlander s (And Labradorean) a happy birthday and glad to have such a great bunch on board..