MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 03-08-06, 02:50
RIP

Default Hi Karmen

Just thought I'd let you know that Shadow the Golden Retriever was put down tonight at 8:00 PM EDT, R.I.P. Shadster
Old 03-08-06, 05:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Hi Karmen

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
Just thought I'd let you know that Shadow the Golden Retriever was put down tonight at 8:00 PM EDT, R.I.P. Shadster
I'm sorry you guys had to do that, but glad you loved Shadow enough to do it. I know it will probably be a long time before you're all used to Shadster not being there Pretty sad at your house right now...

Hugs to all of you ... and very special goodbyes from me for Shadster ... who is/was an MLU member too, as far as I'm concerned ... long live SHADSTER in our MLU friendship memories!

Garry, just so's you know, I still miss every pet I have ever had, all in unique and special ways. I loved them all and remember them all with great affection ... beginning with my first puppy, Rascal, back in about 1958. I even have a picture of Rascal ... on my lap, as a little black fur ball only a couple or few weeks old Love that picture ... and I assume you have tons of photos of Shadow ...

Karmen
Old 04-08-06, 01:02
RIP

Default Thanks Karmen

It's now 24 hre since he left the house,but I've been missing jim all day long.I qashed his favorite stuffy toy " Alf " and placed it where he lies beside me on the sofa.God I miss him.It's going to take a long time to get over losing my little Chad
Old 04-08-06, 01:28
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

I'm sorry to hear this, Garry. I know what this does to one's heart.
Old 04-08-06, 06:07
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Thanks Karmen

Quote:
It's now 24 hre since he left the house,but I've been missing jim all day long.I qashed his favorite stuffy toy " Alf " and placed it where he lies beside me on the sofa.God I miss him.It's going to take a long time to get over losing my little Chad
No doubt ... a lot of people don't understand the bonds people and animals have for each other, but I do. Animals are amazing creatures, and friends.

Take care .....
Old 04-08-06, 15:56

Unhappy Sorry for your loss Garry

G'day Garry

Sorry for your families loss.

Here's a poem.

A dog's plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for, though I might lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music as you must know for the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements.

I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food so I may stay well, to romp and play at your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun. Please see to it that my life is taken gently.

I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

Please do Shad a favour and bring a little puppy into your home and lives, as the best way to stop the hurt is to love again. Never forgetting him but moving on.

I got to go get a tissue now...

Pedr
Old 04-08-06, 20:47
RIP

Default Thank pedr

My wife and daughters were out so I sat down last night here in the basement den to watch the Als/Argo football game with a steak /salad/baked potato.With the dregs of the steak,I automatically put it in my hand and said,"Here Shad,this is for you",not thinking he was no longer here.Cried like a baby into my empty plate and am as I write this.
Sorry guys,can't type,can't see through my tears two days later.
Old 05-08-06, 23:17
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Hi Karmen

Quote:
Losing a faithful companion such as Shadster is no less a loss than losing a human friend. My thoughts are with you Garry.
Old 06-08-06, 01:27

Default Shadow

Gary so sorry to hear of your loss,This is a sad time for you and yours, I have been where you are many times over the years and its hard to get over it,a little bit of light has gone from this world,I have said many times that I would not want to live in a world that did not have dogs, Please for all of you get a puppy that you can shower with love,it will not replace Shadow and no one would expect it too, but you and your family need a little one to love and care for and when you know what that little person will give you willingly with no strings attached and asking for nothing and giving all, I must close can not see the key board gawd a grown man crying,but I would not want it any other way,
Take care my friend.
Regards,
Ron,