MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-05-07, 07:00

Default Canadian Army Ferret CFR 54-82524 for sale in New Mexico, USA

Web page with info on the Ferret for sale. ex-Lord Strathcona Horse (Royal Canadians) Ferret Canadian Army Registration (CAR / CFR) number 54-82524.

Owner found some white paint under the green so it looks like it MIGHT have been one of the 23 Canadian Ferrets (54-82518 and 54-82527 are known to have gone to Sinai but we do not yet know the ID of the other 21 Ferrets so 82-54524 COULD well be one of them.) that went to UNEF in 1957 for 56 Reconnaissance Sqaudron. These Ferrets stayed in country and other units rotaed in and out and usef them until they were replaced by jeeps. Two hit land mines during that time but were repaired. The Cyprus Ferrets were not painted white, nor were those in Germany and Canada - only those in UNEF (1).

The seller just reported: "Interesting, there is white on parts of the body but not all of it.....The front hull has been stripped and repainted because I found only OD up there. But the rear of the hull has some white underneath. The rims are definitely all white under the OD. " I wonder if it could be one of those that hit a mine which would have required some new paint ... and sheel and suspension parts etc.

For info on Canadian Ferrets, see my web page about them:

http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/ferret.htm

Canada only had 124 Ferrets (1954-1981) and MOST were made into monuments, put in museums or shot up as targets, and the majority of those sold surplus were sold in the USA so they are actually quite rare in Canada. e.g. in BC we have 2 only Canadian Ferrets and 3 British Army Ferrets that I know of.

Seller would like to see it go back to Canada but he has a potential buyer lined up from the USA. If you are interested, don't delay. His price is $12,500 US.

Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
Richmond, BC
Old 15-05-07, 07:31

Default 1954 Canadian Ferret for sale in New Mexico, USA

Post-war yes, but affordable Canadian armour ... but there not enough Ford Lynxs, Otters, Foxes, Staghounds. M8s and C15TAs around.

I have put it on my web site as a service, but I am not connected with the seller. Seller has a possible buyer in the USA but would like to see it come back to Canada. I already have one (54-82598).

This ferret is 54-82524 and served with the Lord Strathcona Horse until sold surplus. The owner found some white paint on it under the green so it it is very likely it was with UNEF (1) in the Sinai 1957. Only two of the 23 Ferrets used there have been ideitified so far, one above and one below this CAR / CFR so it is very possible. His has no white paint at the front leading me sot suspect it MAY have been one of the two that hit landmines - which would require fresh paint aong other things.

Ex-Canadian Ferrets are actually rare for purchase in Canada. Most of those here are in museums, are monuments or are shot up. Most surplus Cdn Ferrets went to buyers in the USA.

Info on this ferret: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/for_sale.htm http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/for_sale.htm

Info on Canadian Ferrets http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/ferret.htm

COLIN

Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
Richmond, BC