MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-12-09, 19:18
"Skunque-Breaker"

Default WTB: M101CDN2 1/4t Trailer, GPMG Mount Kit for VW183 Iltis, Comms

I'm looking for a M101CDN2 1/4ton Trailer in original configuration, to go with my Iltis, obviously I'll have to ship it to the US.

Also would like to buy a GPMG Mounting Kit that was intended for the Command and Recce configuration Iltis.

R442 Aux Receiver "Doghouse" if such a thing exists. Figured I can save more space in the cargo area instead of 2 AN-VRC12 Radio Sets in "Doghouses"
Old 16-12-09, 02:22
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Alcorn View Post
I'm looking for a M101CDN2 1/4ton Trailer in original configuration, to go with my Iltis, obviously I'll have to ship it to the US.

Also would like to buy a GPMG Mounting Kit that was intended for the Command and Recce configuration Iltis.

R442 Aux Receiver "Doghouse" if such a thing exists. Figured I can save more space in the cargo area instead of 2 AN-VRC12 Radio Sets in "Doghouses"
First and foremost, I look forward to seeing this build as it sounds like it will be interesting.

I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled and ear to the ground for the C&R Kit. Not sure if it was strictly an OOA item or not. Sadly I watched a Bull Dozer flatten all of those C&R equipped Iltis just outside of Camp Julien in Kabul in mid 05 We had a standing task to assist with their destruction after the Haji ANA refused them (wanted spare parts support and other things) Never even crossed my mind to snap a picture, although I could give you good directions to the spot
Old 26-12-09, 02:30
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
On the Yahoo Iltis group there is currently some interest in the exact location of the Iltis boneyard at Camp Julien. Based on the pictures, looks to be in the field that was just in front on the royal palace.

I have looked at some Google maps of the area, and can see the Royal Palace, but the area around is all farm fields. I suspect the images are several years old. No need to have current google earth images.

Cheers!
Stuart
Although the "Graveyard" was in the south east corner of the camp at the foot of the Queens Palace near the 25m weapons range, the actual final "Crushing" location was not within the confines of what was then Camp Julien. It was approx 1/2km north, north east of the Kings Palace, completed within a fairly large mud walled compound. I suspect that any remains are probably long gone considering the only parts of old Soviet vehicles that remain "around" are those that are either too heavy to move or are surrounded by old mine fields.

As a side note, when the demilling prior to the crushing was taking place a fire was accidentally started while "draining" the fuel tanks. Damn near took out the "Graveyard" before they were even crushed

Scotty
Old 28-12-09, 23:41
"Skunque-Breaker"

Thanks, Stuart!

I will probably change my plans a bit. My rig has dual antennae mounts on the rear. Two 524s in doghouses is going to take up the entire cargo area. One functioning radio is cool, but do I really need two? I have a lead on two doghouses, but shipping from Canada is going to be expensive, considering the MT-1029A mounts are about 19lbs by themselves. So...

I will probably remove the second antenna mount tower on the rear.
Unbolt one of the rear seats. Install the doghouse closer to the front seats, then bolt the passenger seat to the top of the doghouse, facing the rear.

This will save room for an old Pattern 82 Rucksack on a US ALICE Frame, or CadPat Ruck, if I can find one.

Buy the reproduction front brush guard antenna base to install the PLGR GPS antenna, and an old style plastic PLGR mount between the front seats.

I found some pics of the Rifle Mounts between the front seats and the rocker panels:

It doesn't appear to be the old M151/M38 Rifle Mount.

The closest I could find are these surplus Bundeswehr vehicle rifle brackets:

I'm scrounging parts to build a C7A1 Rifle and a C8SFW Carbine for displays. Both will be US-legal semi-autos. Not spending the cash and not have them shoot.

There is a US Mk85 Pintle Mount that I can fabricate a mount block that fits the top rollbar:

I'm wanting a C6 GPMG as a display piece, cover all the basic infantry weapons in use by CF. There are three different airsoft FN MAG guns, one made from steel, two in aluminium. The steel version is almost actual weight, but is $1550:
Inokatsu mfgs FN MAG58 in both Alu and Steel:
http://poweredgeusa.com/Inokatsu/Oth...Inokatsu-MAG58

I just need to find a couple M72A5 LAW Tubes to bungy cord to the rear rollbar tubing.
Old 29-12-09, 02:55

Stuart, do you have any leads on the British Clansman suite for Ferret or Land rover 90? I have a full set up in the Ferret of Larkspur C-42, but prefer the Clansman. I have comms contacts in the U.K, but it's way too pricey to ship.
Dan
Montreal