MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 07-11-15, 23:38

Default Wajax mark i fire pump

If you have a functioning unit for sale please drop me a line. Needed for a fire truck restoration. Thanks!!
Old 08-11-15, 01:00

You may already have seen this manual. It does have a couple of images that might help people identify the Wajax Mark I you are looking for.
http://cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/pubwarehouse/pdfs/23585.pdf
I have no idea what mark of pump they are selling but it might be worth contacting them http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/cr...ationFlag=true
And some more folks with an interest in the Mark 1 pumps http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129527 I've found the smokestack forum to have folks with surprisingly varied interests.
I hope I'm not insulting you by telling you things you already knew long ago but a quick google on "wajax fire pump mark 1" produced quite a few hits - something like 4300 - but not all for the Mark 1. Enough for a week of bedtime reading.... enjoy.
Old 08-11-15, 04:05
Terry Warner

I think you are asking the wrong crowd. There must be fire fighting forums and a doppelganger world of firetruck restorers. Maybe someone is asking them at this very minute about CMP front arches or Universal Carrier rivets?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-11-15, 16:24

Would this one interest you? It is a few hours drive from my place, but if you want more info PM me and maybe I can help you out.
Attached Thumbnails
47872615_934.jpg   47872617_614.jpg  
Old 08-11-15, 16:49
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
I think you are asking the wrong crowd. There must be fire fighting forums and a doppelganger world of firetruck restorers. Maybe someone is asking them at this very minute about CMP front arches or Universal Carrier rivets?
There is a reason why he is asking here. The pump goes on the 1956 Ford C500 field fire truck. Mark has bought one of the 11 trucks produced for the DND. I have the same truck, and have been keeping an eye for one of these pumps for a couple years now.

Grant: If you find a second one, please keep me in mind.
Old 08-11-15, 17:10

Rob there is one in Quebec might be closer to you. http://m.kijiji.ca/achat-et-vente-di...=1446998340174
Old 08-11-15, 17:30
carrier mech

Very impressive Grant, you are truly a bloodhound. I have been watching for years and only found portions, and always too late.

The Quebec one is further than BC, but I'll get the wife to call (she is francophone) and see if a deal can be worked out. Thanks.
Old 18-12-15, 00:23
carrier mech

Thanks to Grant for spotting the ad, and my wife for parlaying to the seller, I received my Wajax Mark1 pump n the mail today. Had to be shipped in two boxes due to the weight, which is right at the Canada Post limit, but it only takes seconds to install the pump onto the engine.

Now if there was only water in Shilo to test it out. It's -12°C with a windchill that brings it down to -26. We will likely not see water here for another 3 or 4 months at best.
Old 18-12-15, 03:18

Glad to hear you got that one Rob. I was using my Honda pump this week to wash sawdust off my driveway after having some trees dropped and branches chipped up. It's raining here today but still warm enough to work outside at least.
Old 18-12-15, 03:35
carrier mech

Grant: I was liking you until you told me all that.

I took my two batteries from the Dodge Diesel in to Walmart for warranty yesterday and they owe me two new ones. No stock right now though with the cold snap. Typically the batteries only last about a year and a half due to the high draw of the airbox heater and the relatively short trip I do to work.

Today I pulled the belt off the truck to find out what was so noisy in the front, and my 9 month old alternator has a bad bearing. Too damn cold today to remove it.....guess I'll get the fire going in the shop Saturday to remove it and run it into town for exchange.

Forgive me if I feel little pity for your having to pressure wash your driveway in the rain.

Just kidding of course. Thanks again for the lead.
Old 18-12-15, 08:50

Rob, I wasn't using a pressure washer, I had the full on fire pump going to hose down the driveway, I like to try and out class the neighbours when I can. I won't even mention that I was mowing the lawn last week. Good luck with your truck repairs, forecast is for a risk of frost here in a couple weeks, probably have to put on a long sleeved shirt to play outside.