MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 20-12-10, 07:36

Default Centurion on the move

The other day I saw a Centurion on a low loader heading east through my town (Stratford, East Gippsland) and I was wondering where it was going. It couldn't have gone too far further, as I saw the truck heading back towards Melbourne the next day.
LP2A
WC52
Old 20-12-10, 07:45
Blitzed

Default Centurion

There was talk on another forum recently. Someone in Gippsland was after one and soon after stated they had purchased one. I think this may be the one you saw. No connnections myself, just trawling forums.
ryan

http://centurion-mbt-two.synthasite.com/page-24.php
Old 20-12-10, 08:55
James Plush

Probably the same one i saw last thursday coming through horsham .

Also spotted a M113 on the back of a Truck heading towards melbourne the same day near stawell .
Old 20-12-10, 09:17
Blitzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plushy View Post
Also spotted a M113 on the back of a Truck heading towards melbourne the same day near stawell .
That would have been an Army one I would guess, I don't think there are any M113's in private hands in Australia? Even the John Belfield one was sold back to the Army museum at Pucka. Or is there? Were the FSV variants sold off to private buyers?
ryan
Old 20-12-10, 09:54
Rick Cove

Thumbs up

Funny thing, I had a dream that a Cent was comng to Gippsland a few weeks ago. I told the cook about my dream and she said "What again!" as these dreams have happened before and have come true.
My brother saw this one in Traralgon and rang and asked me if I knew anything. My answer was my dream and that it was going to Sarsfield or Swiftscreek.
Well, guess what, I had an unexpected trip to Swiftscreek last Friday and there in a farm paddock was the Cent.
I never had time to stop but did find out who has purchased it. I rang my brother and he then asked if I had the Tattslotto numbers for next Saturday. He rekons I'm a bit psychic I guess.
Rick
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.
Old 20-12-10, 15:19
James Plush

Ryan it was in Aus army Camo colours but didnt appear to have any of the current use modifications unless it was a mortar carrier the truck it was on was also not an army one it had a cartage sign on the sign with a couple of phone numbers so its either heading for a refit at Pucka from either darwin or somewhere over west or some lucky clever git has one in private hands some how ??
Old 20-12-10, 15:24
James Plush

Rick any chance you have had a dream about a couple of matildas and a ARV centurion appearing in my back yard ?? if so could you let me know so i can make some space
Old 20-12-10, 23:00
Blitzed

Default dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx42 View Post
Funny thing, I had a dream that a Cent was comng to Gippsland a few weeks ago. I told the cook about my dream and she said "What again!" as these dreams have happened before and have come true.
My brother saw this one in Traralgon and rang and asked me if I knew anything. My answer was my dream and that it was going to Sarsfield or Swiftscreek.
Well, guess what, I had an unexpected trip to Swiftscreek last Friday and there in a farm paddock was the Cent.
I never had time to stop but did find out who has purchased it. I rang my brother and he then asked if I had the Tattslotto numbers for next Saturday. He rekons I'm a bit psychic I guess.
Rick
Weird, I'll have the tatts numbers for the new years eve draw thanks.
I had a dream last night that the government was testing a nuclear bomb in geelong to see the effects. Everyone wasn't dead, just pissed off. We all took shelter in the gutters along the street and had to brush ourselves off as we were covered in leaves. The cars driving along the roads just had to slow down because of all the dust in the air. We were all sick of it as it wasn't the first time.

Ah, thread hijacked. Sorry Eric.