MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up

Notices

Old 06-07-15, 23:57

Default HLVWs For sale Crown Assets

Surprisingly as it may seem, some are for sale, looks like they went up today.

I passed by them last week and meant to check the webiste but didnt, someone else nudged me today.

Lots of disclaimers on them. personally a lot of the notes are irrelevant and spurious as to their value. Those who know me know what i do for folks (legally) and understand what I am on about.

Here is the link to the first one, there are more.

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?...=&str=1&ltnf=1

Robin
Old 07-07-15, 02:53
MUTT Guy

Roof Hatch Brush Guard is absent, so i'm assuming it was refurb'd at some point. Definitely curious to see what it goes for.
Old 07-07-15, 03:13
carrier mech

It will be very interesting to see how high these go for. The cranes are sure handy. The one cargo truck they are selling was a binned stores truck. Generally those saw a fairly easy life.

It will be interesting to have a look in the service records and see what the issues with these 6 trucks are. The LSVW that was recently sold certainly was not represented in the description.
Old 07-07-15, 14:50
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
It will be very interesting to see how high these go for. The cranes are sure handy. The one cargo truck they are selling was a binned stores truck. Generally those saw a fairly easy life.

It will be interesting to have a look in the service records and see what the issues with these 6 trucks are. The LSVW that was recently sold certainly was not represented in the description.
I agree that a crane is a handy thing, especially for a restorer when a short shop crane or a gantry aren't available or workable.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-07-15, 02:20

Default Percheron

Wow ! a very large and cumbersome vehicule for a restorer . Nice project for someone who is in heavy ( very ) heavy trucks ! i remember a rescue in Suffield by one of those . .. The Iltis had been flattened to the axles by my M113 backing up . fortunatly , the officer ( nice fellow from an armoured Rgt) had been able to evacuate the right side and hos driver from the left . Never knew it was called a Percheron . A Belgian work horse . Robert
94 LSVW
Old 16-07-15, 13:08
carrier mech

So 6 of the 7 sold for prices in the $9599 to $10,500 range,with one truck having being pulled for "Not sold-auction not as described".

I never did look up the service records for these trucks, but if the transmissions were OK, they would seem like a good deal. At least until you need repair parts....
Old 16-07-15, 17:51
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
So 6 of the 7 sold for prices in the $9599 to $10,500 range,with one truck having being pulled for "Not sold-auction not as described".

I never did look up the service records for these trucks, but if the transmissions were OK, they would seem like a good deal. At least until you need repair parts....
Kind of like a bank robbery.... Getting in is the easy part