MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 09-04-07, 10:10

Default Artwork

Dear all

I have put this already on the Armour thread, someone there said it may be of interest on this thread? Open to feedback.

I am an ex Royal Tank Regiment soldier having served mainly on Chieftain for 15 years up until 1990. My last 18 mths or so were Challenger 1 at the Gunnery Training school in Dorset.
I have a couple of chums over here that are into vehicle preservation and know the owner of an organisation which buys in and sells on armour - even saw a Chieftain en route for Texas, and, am glad to see that you guys (and gals) are every bit as much into armour!!!! I too, have a great interest in armour history mainly WW2 with a smattering of WW1. WW2 understandably was the greatest period of Innovation and design.

During my service and since I have always provided 'bespoke' artwork of AFVs and their crews for my chums. Not as a professional artist but more as a hobby artist with (it seems) a knack of capturing those 'day in the life' moments of AFV life. I've recently however, created a piece for my own enjoyment to commemorate this being the 90th Anniversary year of Cambrai in 1917. This battle would conclusively prove that the battlefield would never be the same again with AFVs ruling supreme. I put the picture up on a thread over here just to show it publicly! the response was immediate and pressure has made me run off a signed limited edition of 195 A1 sized prints, the original will go to show in the Tank Museum in Bovington. I have sold quite a few but, knowing you Canadians to be every bit as proud of your Armoured/Vehicle heritage as us I thought you may, at least, like a view of it? I've put up an image of this picture albeit the printer insisted in putting a protectorate across it. If anyone would like a print please email me for details, at my mail address below. Also of course, if you like my 'style' you can ask for your cherished vehicle and yourself to be 'worked over' by myself. I've put two other pictures up to show you what I have done under commission. I am also currently working on a series of 'stock works' of WW1 and WW2 vehicles to include Canada and Australian vehicles.
I would like to say that hopefully, in some way I can be of some use to you guys and gals - if any of you own a chieftain - I was as with all Brit Tank crewman trained in all aspects of the vehicle - ferret scout cars aswell. Please feel free to contact me with queries and questions.

Anniversary picture -

1960s Centurion Tank plus Crew

I can be contacted at: malcycee@yahoo.co.uk

Drive Defensively.........buy a Tank!!!