MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 26-11-04, 05:43

Default Sending parts via bus lines

Hi everyone

I figured id post here as it seemed like the best place.

Im more then likely going to be getting some parts sent to me via a bus company and I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with this.

Is this a reliable way to go. How do i make sure i get my parts and somebody doesn't take them. How do I know when they will be arriving at my location. I know they wont' be delivered to my door but I don't want to spend the entire day at the bus station

If anyone can offer some advice it would be most welcome.

Sincerely
Jordan Baker
Old 26-11-04, 06:18
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Jordan, as far as I know, shipping by bus is like sending something by ups or any other courier. Essentially, the sender ships it from a terminal with a label attached to your local bus station where it is held for you. Ithink they'll even phone you when it gets there. You parcel is transported in the cargo hold of the bus, passngers do not have access to.
Think of it as buying a bus ticket for your package and a trip in the cargo section...cheaper than a seat
Old 26-11-04, 06:30
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

I hope chimes in here... I believe all her stuff was shipped by bus from BC to Winterpeg when she moved.
Old 26-11-04, 15:27
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Sending parts via bus lines

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordan Baker
Hi everyone

I figured id post here as it seemed like the best place.

Im more then likely going to be getting some parts sent to me via a bus company and I was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with this.

Is this a reliable way to go. How do i make sure i get my parts and somebody doesn't take them. How do I know when they will be arriving at my location. I know they wont' be delivered to my door but I don't want to spend the entire day at the bus station

If anyone can offer some advice it would be most welcome.

Sincerely
Jordan Baker
Hi Jordan,

GREYHOUND COURIER EXPRESS is the way to go then. They'll PICK UP and DELIVER DOOR to DOOR.

You, or someone else needs to be at those doors of course, but you can enjoy bing home whil waiting You can INSURE things too I think.

Just call Greyhound Courier Express and they'll tell you all the details.

Hope this works for you

Karmen
Old 26-11-04, 15:40
Vets Dottir

Default contact number

Here's their contact 1-800 number... though you probably have a local Greyhound Bus depot Courieer Express branch there.

http://www.shipgreyhound.ca/en/contact/

Karmen
Old 26-11-04, 16:53
In Vino Veritas

Default Bus parts

In fact I just shipped 170 pounds of parts by Greyhound in Sept. YOu can go online and get all the info you need. A note for you is that they have sub stations all around the city so you do not have to go down to the main bus terminal to ship! THis saved me a good hour driving as there was one near me in South Edmonton. Also , I believe they had a limit of 75 pounds per package to a max of 500 pounds in one shipment. I had to ship 3 packages to get the 170 pounds shipped. It cost me 87 bucks and you can ship C.O.D in Canada.
A little time on the phone and internet is the key. The internet gave me Edmonton connections and substations and pricing and I just verified it by phone.
Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 26-11-04, 17:10

Default Thanks

Hi everyone

Thanks for the replys. I will check into the website and make some calls.

SIncerely
Jordan baker
Old 26-11-04, 17:23
Vets Dottir

Default courier

Hi Jordan,

You can do all this over the phone without ever having to leave home. YES you can pay at your end when the stuff arrives to your door. Ask them how they do this, and payment procedures etc. Things must be properly packaged too (they'll tell ya how)

My stuff cost $226.oo in 2 packages as I had 8 big boxes of worldly personal possessions I had to have. Imagine ... thats about how much it would have cost to move to another street ... let alone 1000 miles away!!! Hertz Car rental wanted $1000 flat out for a one way one day rental oof a SMALL CAR :