MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 15-01-10, 16:50

Default Military Badge Collectors

For anyone who may be interested in Commonwealth military badge collecting, there is a good forum, with several reference galleries at britishbadgeforum.com/
Lots of Canadian, Brit, Aussie, New Zealand and other Commonwealth countries collectors and an active forum.
Old 15-01-10, 19:45
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Stupid registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Alexander View Post
For anyone who may be interested in Commonwealth military badge collecting, there is a good forum, with several reference galleries at britishbadgeforum.com/
Lots of Canadian, Brit, Aussie, New Zealand and other Commonwealth countries collectors and an active forum.
Bill.
I tried three times to type in those stupid ident words that are all drunk looking and couldn't get them so frigg them/..Maybe you could answer the question I had/..I have a small copper badge..maybe a collar dog ..about an inch across,c/w pin that says Divisional Cyclist Overseas Canada..and has makers mark on the back Roden bros..
Got a story to tell me..?
Alex
Old 15-01-10, 21:11

Hi Alex, Sounds like a collar badge from the size. It is a Canadian Expeditionary Force badge from the First World War. There were bicycle troops for each of the Canadian divisions until they were disbanded in 1916. A new Canadian Corps Cyclist Battalion was formed at that time and served as Corps troops for the balance of the war. They were not employed as cyclists very often, performing various other duties, including acting as infantry on occasion. Obviously the conditions on the western front made bicycles nearly useless. In the last 100 days they came into their own and performed the duties of liason, recce, and messengers.
There were four divisional companies separately badged, a general corps badge, and badge for a cyclists draft. From your description, I think your collar is for the 1st Div Cyclist Company.
Old 15-01-10, 21:25

Default Bikers

Quote:
Hi Alex, Sounds like a collar badge from the size. It is a Canadian Expeditionary Force badge from the First World War. There were bicycle troops for each of the Canadian divisions until they were disbanded in 1916. A new Canadian Corps Cyclist Battalion was formed at that time and served as Corps troops for the balance of the war. They were not employed as cyclists very often, performing various other duties, including acting as infantry on occasion. Obviously the conditions on the western front made bicycles nearly useless. In the last 100 days they came into their own and performed the duties of liason, recce, and messengers.
There were four divisional companies separately badged, a general corps badge, and badge for a cyclists draft. From your description, I think your collar is for the 1st Div Cyclist Company.
Thanks Bill..
Any info is good info usually..it is the right size for a collar dog..Too small for a hat badge..
Worthless ..??
When you are in OTTAWA, let us know and we'll introduce to the fine young ladies at Gracies..If that dirty old pre-vert Boobee will share..he wants them all for himself..I have a hell of a time keeping the girls away from him ..and Major Mike..
What a pair..
I'm glad that Sally keeps a grip on Jiffy when they come here..Ottawa would never be the same if he got loose..

Old 15-01-10, 22:08

Hi Alex, I do drop by Ottawa once and awhile, as I have a daughter living there now. I have been doing the militaria show for the last couple of years.
The collar is not a 6/49 win, but depending on the condition, $15 plus.
Old 16-01-10, 01:34

Default Pm

Quote:
Hi Alex, I do drop by Ottawa once and awhile, as I have a daughter living there now. I have been doing the militaria show for the last couple of years.
The collar is not a 6/49 win, but depending on the condition, $15 plus.
Hi Bill.
PM me when you are coming next and we'll get a bunch of the ROTters together and have a brew or two and tell some lies..
Alex