MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 16-03-06, 08:07
Dave Good

Default M101 CDN2 trailer tarps NEW

Brand new iltis 1/4 ton trailer ( M101 CDN2 ) polyvinyl tarps in brown,black and green camo color $85.00 each. These MAY also fit the M100 and M416 1/4 ton trailers as well. PM me with your requests.

Dave

Last edited by super dave; 26-03-06 at 20:46.
Old 16-03-06, 13:53
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: M101 CDN2 trailer tarps NEW

Quote:
Originally posted by super dave
Brand new iltis 1/4 ton trailer ( M101 CDN2 ) polyvinyl tarps in brown,black and green camo color $100.00 each. These MAY also fit the M100 and M416 1/4 ton trailers as well. PM me with your requests.

Dave
Hi dave
The M 101 Trailer is a 3/4 ton trailer...

Here is the manual for it..

#85A: 350+Pages TM9-2330-202-14&20P Trailer:Cargo 3/4 ton,2 wheel.-ModelM101,M101A1,A2. Chassis Trailer 3/4 ton,two wheel M116,M106A1,A2.Operators,maintenance,direct and general support.(Including repair parts and special tools list) Issued August 1983
Old 16-03-06, 14:04
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Only the CF could come up with a 350-page manual on how to throw shit into a trailer...
Old 16-03-06, 14:24

Default Trailer Park Boys Manual...

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Only the CF could come up with a 350-page manual on how to throw shit into a trailer...
Ya Jif ..It is humungous..
They got 15 pages ,with a zillion pictures of trailer model introduction and identification alone...Quite the manual..
Old 16-03-06, 15:41
carrier mech

A M101 may be a 3/4 ton trailer, but a M101 Cdn2 trailer is the 1/4 ton trailer.
Someone in the LCMM trailer office tried to give the new trailers an official sounding name back in the early 90s, but didn't know enough about the M numbers to do it right. Since the new Iltis trailer was a completely redesigned Canadian product, it really should not have had any M number assigned to it, and certainly not M101, nor M100.
M numbers are a US identifier, and while we will usually adopt their product number along with the Cdn suffix, especially where there are unique Canadian variations to it, I can't think of any other "all Canadian" equipment that we have assigned a M number to.

The M101Cdn2 tarps wil fit the M100/M416 trailers just fine.
Old 16-03-06, 15:53

Default M101....

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love
A M101 may be a 3/4 ton trailer, but a M101 Cdn2 trailer is the 1/4 ton trailer.
Someone in the LCMM trailer office tried to give the new trailers an official sounding name back in the early 90s, but didn't know enough about the M numbers to do it right. Since the new Iltis trailer was a completely redesigned Canadian product, it really should not have had any M number assigned to it, and certainly not M101, nor M100.
M numbers are a US identifier, and while we will usually adopt their product number along with the Cdn suffix, especially where there are unique Canadian variations to it, I can't think of any other "all Canadian" equipment that we have assigned a M number to.

Thanks for the ident.lesson...This M ident system sucks...A M1 could be a tank..rifle...spoon or any other piece of US gear you could think of...
Who ever dreamed up the system was smoking bad dope,,...
Old 16-03-06, 16:05
carrier mech

Default Re: M101....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Thanks for the ident.lesson...This M ident system sucks...A M1 could be a tank..rifle...spoon or any other piece of US gear you could think of...
Who ever dreamed up the system was smoking bad dope,,...
Well, were not any better: How many C1s or C1A1 items can we recall. I'll start off with an FN rifle, a M1919GPMG in 7.62, the British sniper tripod (renumbered from no21mk5 to C1A1) , a 105mm howitzer, and theres a whole bunch of others.
Old 16-03-06, 18:13

Default Re: Re: M101....

Quote:
Well, were not any better: How many C1s or C1A1 items can we recall. I'll start off with an FN rifle, a M1919GPMG in 7.62, the British sniper tripod (renumbered from no21mk5 to C1A1) , a 105mm howitzer, and theres a whole bunch of others.
I know...

I never called the FN anything other than the "FN"..The BROWNING High Power any thing other than the "Hi POwer" or "9 mil".....
The Sterling or plumbers nightmare...The "Sten"...

The Starfighter.."104".....
C 130....Herc'
DC 3..."Dak"...
M 135..."Deuce and 1/2"...H-9..."The dump"...
And a whole lot of other things with names that didn't involve numbers with M of C for that matter..
Old 17-03-06, 09:49
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: M101....

Quote:
This M ident system sucks...A M1 could be a tank..rifle...spoon or any other piece of US gear you could think of...
I'd rather have an M3, this could be a Scout Car, Half Track, Light Tank or a .45 SMG.

This raises an interesting question. Many unique Aussie bits have "F" prefixes: F1 SMG, F88 Rifle, F89 LMG, F1 to F5 ACCO trucks, F1 Ammo, F1 Grenade. The Canadian system uses "C" and the US "M". Was there an agreement along the lines of the NSN parts numbering system to allocate letters to various countries?
Old 17-03-06, 11:39
MLU Administrator

Quote:

Here's a pic of one:
Attached Images

Old 17-03-06, 13:19

Default Re: Re: M101 CDN2 trailer tarps NEW

Quote:
Hi dave
The M 101 Trailer is a 3/4 ton trailer...

Here is the manual for it..

#85A: 350+Pages TM9-2330-202-14&20P Trailer:Cargo 3/4 ton,2 wheel.-ModelM101,M101A1,A2. Chassis Trailer 3/4 ton,two wheel M116,M106A1,A2.Operators,maintenance,direct and general support.(Including repair parts and special tools list) Issued August 1983
Rob
Do you know if this trailer ....

"Operator's and Maintenance
Manual Trailer Cargo 3/4 Ton CDN MANAC".

Is the correct trailer for this listed manual..???
Thanks
I don't recognize "MANAC"...
Old 17-03-06, 14:13
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Talking

All you need to do for the troops is the following... fill it half full of ice, pack it with beer, then cover with more ice. Who cares about the designation? The troops are good-to-go.
Old 31-05-06, 22:25
carrier mech

Default Re: Re: Re: M101 CDN2 trailer tarps NEW

Quote:
Rob
Do you know if this trailer ....

"Operator's and Maintenance
Manual Trailer Cargo 3/4 Ton CDN MANAC".

Is the correct trailer for this listed manual..???
Thanks
I don't recognize "MANAC"...
I just ran accross this thread again, so my answer may be a little stale. The MANAC trailer was the M101 variant with the 16.5" commercial 5/4 ton tires. The brake system had the surge type drawbar with hydraulic cylinders, and the fenderwells were slightly widened for the wider commercial tires.
MANAC is a Cdn trailer manufacturing company, which normally makes semi trailers. The manac military trailers date from the mid to late 70s.