MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-06, 00:51
Greg Wright

Default CMP Chemical Warfare Laboratory

I am looking for pictures of chemical warfare laboratory and the cmp bacteriological laboratory. As I am a fire fighter Hazardous materials technician, I thought it would interesting to see what they used duiring the war. I would like to see pictures of the inside of the rear boxes and the equipment used. Any pictures or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg
Old 06-07-06, 02:12
HUP guy

Default C60X

Greg,

In the Canadian Military Historical Society (Dr. Wm. Gregg) Vehicle Data book "Europe WW2" there are exterior pictures of both the chemical warfare laboratory (p.103) and the bacteriological laboratory (p.101) on the C60X chassis.

The equipment list for the chemical warfare laboratory "includes full outfit of chemical apparatus and chemicals adapted for Engelder semi-micro system of analysis, refrigerator, vacuum pump, muffle furnace, fume cupboards, butane piping, etc. Power supply from 2-kw Onan generator."

The equipment list for the bacteriological laboratory "includes chemicals, glassware, balances, microscope, auto-clave, centrifuge, refrigerator, fume cupboard, water system, motor-generator set, work benches, sinks and lockers."

Sorry but I am unable to scan and post those pages for you at this time.

Brian
Old 06-07-06, 03:46
Greg Wright

Default CMP Chemical Warfare Laboratory

Brian,

Thanks for the info, I have the book and I have seen the outside of the trucks. I am curious to see the insides and the equipment.

Greg