MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Gun Park

Notices

Old 28-07-10, 09:04
RIP

Default Pak 35/36 German

okay as I am down with a bad back here is another post this time one of the other sides items in the collection

This gun was the standard German anti tank arm of late 30s and saw service all through the war, although outclassed by armour in 1941 it was still a good infantry support gun .After 1941 various rounds were made to upgrade the little 37mm to fire hollow charge rounds with a blank as propellant being an early RPG form of device that was to be known in German arms as a panzerfaust later on ," tank fist" in English . Based on hollow charge principles it was effective and kept on in service in Finland unitl late 70s

My gun is in excellent condition and fully working and used to be on display in AF Budges collection in UK being one of eight they got from Finland . I was originally to get a early stepped barrel version in working condition but due to factors beyond my control they sold it elsewhere and had to provide me with another workng gun this one, as the other two they had left at the time had been renderd for local market by smoothboring they said .
The Germans used this gun and around 43 refurbed it and then sent it to Finland it is 20 numbers off one brought back here from North Africa and in recesses had some trace of orignal desert colours so may have been refurbed by Germans after a rotation in North Africa but this is only speculation and not fact but it defienently went to Finland late war and saw service until 70s there

I have over the years completed it as much as i could with original tins , packings, tools and rounds etc but am still after a set of orignal cleaning rods for the trail and some spares that go in the shield tins I have soon coming my way a complete armourers box of spares and tools. The wheels are the same as on the flak30 and 38 series of guns and I am also on the lookout for a spare wheel or two in case this gun or my flak 30 get a flat prefer continental tyres to nokia
shots attached are

one

gun with stores related to it in front of it , left side is bin for storing hollow charge round and in front of that a spacer that sits on fin of round in bin and stores blank cartridge .large box is for full ammo tins etc

two

trails and action shot note missing cleanng rods if anyone has real ones spare please contact me

three

trails where cleaning rods go

four

barrel with muzzle cover removed and white lines added by AF Budge have also been removed refer shots in wheels and tracks earlier editions of this gun there . also see to barrels right hollow charge round for inserting in barrel

dont forget I am interested in original cleaning rods ,ammo tin with nice cardboard insides ,continental tyres and small spares for shield tins

regards
Rod

Last edited by Rod Bellars (RIP); 25-08-15 at 09:53.