Old 04-01-06, 02:35
Rust be gone!

Default looks good!

Brad,

What a good job man!

Rob
Old 04-01-06, 03:41

Really nice job that your doing Brad.

Could you provide some close ups and dimensions of the conduit clips in the 6th picture. These are for holding the conduit pipes for the headlamps.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 04-01-06, 06:37
BIG MIKE

I want a Ride in it IN ODESSA! BRAD, Can I break the CROWN ROYAL BOTTLE ON IT FOR GOOD LUCK? (empty of course). GOOD JOB Mate.

BIG MIKE
Old 04-01-06, 06:41
BIG MIKE

Opps nearl fergot , Did yuo ever notice how BRAD stratigicly puts the little washers, tools,bolts and nuts in his pics, I mean thier good enough for Postcards! LOL, HEY BRAD thier a little Money maker in those pic's someware! LOL

Looking out for JA, BIG MIKE
Old 04-01-06, 16:23
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG MIKE
I want a Ride in it IN ODESSA! BRAD, Can I break the CROWN ROYAL BOTTLE ON IT FOR GOOD LUCK? (empty of course). GOOD JOB Mate.

BIG MIKE

Mike, I see you're a collector of Bren guns, it'll break your heart when I tell you what I left behind in Canada! I had a museum quality DEWAT Inglis Mk 1, no cuts to the receiver. This is the model with the dovetail on the left side of the receiver for the optical sight. I also had all the paraphenalia that went with it:
tripod, parts wallet complete with all the tools, oilers, springs etc. etc, optical sight and carrier, spare barrel, spare barrel carrier etc. etc. All were in new or near new condition. I contacted the B.A.T.F. about bringing it and the rest of my collection down with me when I moved to Texas. They told me they wanted $100.00usd per firearm application fee with no garantee of acceptance. $100.00usd X 1.4 exchange rate X 75 firearms= $10,500cdn. Of course, it didn't happen so I sold them all except for my Colt 1911 which I did eventually import and a M14 and a FN FAL which I left in the hands of a collector.
I've been looking on and off for another Inglis Mk1 in the U.S., buts its criminal what they do to the receivers! 3 cuts! I've checked out Gunbroker.com and GunsAmerica, theres lots of British Bren guns available, mostly Mk II's. Unfortunately I won't be in a position to make any purchases until my shoulder heals and I'm back at work, but I'd sure appreciate if you would keep your eyes open for me for a reasonably priced Bren. Thanks!

P.S. My wife absolutely loves Boston and wants us to visit there sometime soon. Perhaps when we do we'll rent a kah and pay you a visit.

CHIMO!
Old 04-01-06, 16:54
BIG MIKE

Dam Derek , You ever hear of the don't ask don't tell , lol , I see your a honest citizen like me. Did you get to bring all the accessories for the bren with you, Your like me with all the little things. I have 4 brens,1, Mk1 i'm haveing converted to a semi auto with the dovetale sight, all enfield marked took me 10 years to get everyenfiels mked piece on that gun, 2 mk2's ones a dummy reciever the other is a Oxy/ Propane gas simulator I did up myself. and a mk3 that is a deact soon be a dummy gun on my UC. If you need a Bren gun I'll tell my buddy in east coast your looking for a mk1. keep in touch

Cheers

BIG MIKE
Old 08-01-06, 04:29
M38A1 CDN3

Mike and Derek:

Don't want to feed anyone's paranoia, but perhaps some firearms discussions might be best left unsaid, or done through PMs.

I am of the same ilk as both of you but, who knows what agency visits and monitors these threads?

Unless Sunray the Moderator can assure us that sufficient firewall etc etc etc protection is in place, I think we'd best be prudent about our possessions.
Old 08-01-06, 04:32
BIG MIKE

What Are TALKING about??? I'm in the USA, Freedom of speech BABE, besides everything is legal that we talk about , so IF BIG brother is watching , Let him.

BIG MIKE
Old 08-01-06, 04:44
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Big Brother CAN monitor this and any other public forum... so yes, it pays to be careful. But if you're within the Law, don't sweat it.
Old 08-01-06, 15:47
BIG MIKE

Geof we'll keep everything PM'ed , thanks

BIG MIKE
Old 09-01-06, 20:07
RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Big Brother CAN monitor this and any other public forum... so yes, it pays to be careful. But if you're within the Law, don't sweat it.
I never considered myself Big Brother but I do monitor this forum - for my own enjoyment. Considering where I work I would be happier if there was no discussion of firearms at all as I try to avoid these. Failing that, I would be satisfied if discussions could be kept within legal boundaries. I can only put the looking glass up to my blind eye so often before I start bumping into things.
Old 09-01-06, 20:23

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub
I never considered myself Big Brother but I do monitor this forum - for my own enjoyment. Considering where I work I would be happier if there was no discussion of firearms at all as I try to avoid these. Failing that, I would be satisfied if discussions could be kept within legal boundaries. I can only put the looking glass up to my blind eye so often before I start bumping into things.
My own concern is twofold - one, sometimes it's a good idea NOT to let the world know what you have (whether legal or not), and two, what may be legal in the States may well NOT be legal up here. I've been around firearms of all sorts, deactivated and otherwise, all my life, so I'm comfortable with them, but there are many out there who are not - why bait them? It's an unfortunate circumstance, but we have to live with it.
Old 09-01-06, 21:27

Default Re: PLUS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Mills
It clutters up the forum on totally different topics.
The internet wouldn't be the internet without threadjacking...
Old 09-01-06, 23:20
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub
I interrupt this thread for an important Community announcement!

I have a few points to make, not just to servicepub:

1) Placing the appropriate, legal weapons on a restored WW II vehicle is part of completing any vehicle restoration.

2) Discussing Bren guns with a Bren gun Carrier restorer in a Bren gun carrier forum is entirely apropo.

3) It is important to have a sense of humour. It should be obvious to all that Big Mike was joking in his "Don't ask - don't tell" comment.

4) Y'all are way too paranoid

You may now return to previously scheduled programming.
Old 09-01-06, 23:44
RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740

4) Y'all are way too paranoid

Just 'cause I paranoid doesn't mean that there aren't people lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on me.

I didn't want to sound paranoid and I have no problem with the discussion of firearms or weapons when it is appropriate to the thread. I wouldn't even care if there was a thread just on firearms - I just wouldn't go there. My desire in that post was to stop any discussion of firearms going down a unsavoury path. For those who know me well, I have a large collection, I have written three definitive books on firearms and 'work' within the firearms world everyday. 'nuff said.
Old 10-01-06, 01:17
BIG MIKE

Either somebody needs a "KISS" or somebody needs a "SLAP!! either way you win a cookie, OK you Canadians I won't talk GUN talk anymore in fear of YOUR! GOVERMENT.

HAVE A NICE DAY

BREN GUN BIG MIKE
Old 10-01-06, 01:53
BIG MIKE

OPPS nearly FERGOT , BRAD you do such good work I want to Hire you!! LOL Great Job mate , see you in the fall, we'll race!!

BIG MIKE