MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 06-08-10, 18:31

Default CWM Events

In case anyone is interested, these events are on at the CWM in Ottawa tomorrow.

August 7, 2010 from 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - Vehicle Demonstration

There will be a demonstration of three military vehicles from the Canadian War Museum’s collection. Watch them run, talk to the driver and get up close to the machines. This event takes place at the Riverside entrance to the Lobby. No details of which vehicles will be running are available at the moment. Free. The CWM website says that there will be three vehicles...

August 7, 2010 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm - Book Signing

Two Friends authors will be signing their latest book this Saturday (7 Aug) at the Boutique at the CWM.

Rich Gimblett and Angus Brown will be at the shop from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. to sign copies of "In The Footsteps of First Canadian Army: Northwest Europe 1942-45". The authors will be available to chat with their readers and discuss the making of the book.

As an added bonus, John McQuarrie, the renowned Ottawa photographer who shot the contemporary images in the book, will also be available to discuss the process of matching the archival material with modern yet recognizable scenes.
Old 08-08-10, 03:56

Default Today at the CWM

Today at 1100 and 1300 the CWM highlighted three of the running vehicles from the technology collection. The vehicles were the Lynx II armoured car, Lynx tracked reconnaissance vehicle and the M113A3 TOW under Armour. The weather was fine and approximately 175 people watched as Jason Ginn from the CWM along with his volunteer staff got the vehicles running and put them through their paces. Here are a few images from the event. At this time there are plans to hold another similar event - more to follow when the details are provided.

Old 08-08-10, 16:41
Mr. HUP

Default Great Shots!

That had to be a lot of fun. I especially like Jason's "hair helmet". I wonder if he was wearing the famous "safety sandals". Unfortunately, I was on the road yesterday and missed the show. Thanks for the pics.
Old 08-08-10, 21:59

It took me months to grow that helmet!

The day was a huge success. I was really impressed by the public turnout and the numerous positive remarks from visitors. All of the vehicles performed reliably and looked great!

I loved the comment from one spectator who remarked that you could actually feel the TUA in the soles of your feet as it went by. For me this signified that we had succeeded at providing a unique and memorable experience to those in attendance.

A really big thank you has to go out to all the volunteers who supported this event.

Great pictures Ed!

Thanks,

J