MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 24-09-10, 04:42

Default O/T Catch 22

I have lost my wallet with the usual credit cards, drivers licence. health card, etc. Today I went to the Ministry of Transport to get a replacement drivers licence. The lady said "I need I.D. before I can do anything." I explained again about loosing the wallet and having no I.D. "Sorry", there is nothing she can do. I rhymed off the 15 digit licence number which I have memorized and she thought that was impressive but it isn't I.D.
Right now I guess I am a non person of no fixed address. Maybe I will claim refugee status and get some of the money the government is giving the Tamils that those nasty Aussies wouldn't let land on their shores.
Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 24-09-10, 04:55
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Churcher View Post
I have lost my wallet with the usual credit cards, drivers licence. health card, etc. Today I went to the Ministry of Transport to get a replacement drivers licence. The lady said "I need I.D. before I can do anything." I explained again about loosing the wallet and having no I.D. "Sorry", there is nothing she can do. I rhymed off the 15 digit licence number which I have memorized and she thought that was impressive but it isn't I.D.
Right now I guess I am a non person of no fixed address. Maybe I will claim refugee status and get some of the money the government is giving the Tamils that those nasty Aussies wouldn't let land on their shores.
Cheers,
Barry
But before you can get refugee status, you must come in by boat. And to own a boat, you must register it. And to register it, you must have ID.

You are screwed.
Old 24-09-10, 04:59
Mr. HUP

Default Don't Leave!

We need all the help in the next election to eject the long gun registry lovers!
Old 24-09-10, 08:56
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Churcher View Post
Right now I guess I am a non person of no fixed address. Maybe I will claim refugee status
Barry,

Flee to Holland. If you wear your HUP HOLLAND HUP cap I am sure you will get refugee status here

Hanno
Old 26-09-10, 19:51

Rob, in Ontariariario you also need a licence to operate the boat.

Hanno, maybe if I washed up on Dirk's beach I could get status. Dirk has found everything from whales to seals to WW2 mortar bombs to WW2 hedgehogs, why not a Canadian?

Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 26-09-10, 21:05

Default Barry..It's not you...

...It's old age. After 65 in most people's eyes you are a non person and no one listens to what you are saying anyway. If they do they say "Pardon"....
You didn't lose it, you misplaced it. It will turn up right after you replace everything. Or some kind soul will find it and ask for a reward after removing all the cash and your Timmies card (I mean that $5 emergency cash you hid away in the wallet).
You're so deep in the hobby you never have spare cash anyway, it's all sunk into iron.

PS
Old 27-09-10, 02:42
Bluebell

Default Peter, Barry

.....and replacing oxidised iron.
Barry, google Mary Croft, and find out who you really are.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 11-10-10, 21:29
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Recycle your CMP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
We need all the help in the next election to eject the long gun registry lovers!
Rob..
It won't be too many years and the Green Goblins will be after any fume spitting diesel or gas combustion engined vehicle..historic or not..

The recyclers have a big lobby and they want an ongoing hand in the pocket and a ongoing cash cow by declaring them "Polluting"
This is just the latest News release out today..

Check the news release sponsors..and $300.00 bucks for your CMP..so they can CRUSH it and make a ton of cash for the scrap..

OLDER VEHICLES MAY BE MORE POLLUTING THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

~ Retire Your Ride encourages Canadians to act now and permanently retire their older vehicles ~

QUEBEC CITY, Oct. 11 /CNW Telbec/ - Although previous research indicated that 1995 model year and older vehicles emit 19 times more smog-forming emissions than 2004 and newer vehicles, a recent study of a sample of these older cars retired through the Retire Your Ride program shows that the tested vehicles were actually on average 39 times more polluting than 2004 and newer vehicles - all the more reason for Canadians to retire their older vehicles in an effort to protect the environment.

"This truly is a staggering fact," said Carla Kearns, national program director at Summerhill Impact, national delivery agent for Retire Your Ride. "Our hope is that Canadians will hear this shocking statistic and really take a closer look at the vehicle they are driving and the impact it is having on our environment and health. If Canadians are driving cars of model year 1995 and earlier, it's time to take advantage of the Retire Your Ride program and get rewarded for making the right choice before the program ends."

The study, conducted by BC AirCare, the organization that performs smog emissions testing for the province of British Columbia, compared 133 older vehicles with newer models and found that these older vehicles produce 31 times more hydrocarbon and 58 times more nitrogen than their newer counterparts.

For Canadians who are looking to retire their 1995 and older model year vehicles, Retire Your Ride provides an easy way to responsibly recycle their cars and be rewarded for it. They have to act quickly, however, as the end of the month will mark the six-month countdown to the end of the program and availability of incentives.

"Retire Your Ride will come to an end on March 31, 2011, leaving only six months for Canadians to get rewarded for permanently retiring their 1995 model year and older vehicles," said André Bélisle, director of the Clear the air! program and Chair of the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique (AQLPA), Retire Your Ride delivery agent in Quebec. "On top of rewards, Quebec residents can be assured that their vehicle will be recycled in the most environmentally responsible manner thanks to the Retire Your Ride National Code of Practice that all participating recyclers must follow."

Retire Your Ride aims to reduce smog-forming emissions, encourage the use of sustainable transportation and ensure vehicles are responsibly recycled. Since its launch in January 2009, Retire Your Ride has taken more than 95,000 vehicles off the road nationally, reducing smog-forming emissions by over 5,000 tons. In Quebec alone, more than 27,000 cars have been responsibly retired.

Canadians who own a 1995 model year or older vehicle and choose to take part in Retire Your Ride before the program ends on March 31, 2011 can be rewarded with one of a number of rewards available to program participants, including:

* Bicycles - A discount of $350 to $490 off of a high-end commuter bicycle as well as up to 15 per cent off parts and services
* Transit Passes - Free transit passes in some municipalities
* Manufacturer supported rebates are also available from Chrysler, Hyundai, Ford and GM
* Cash - $300 cash

About Retire Your Ride - retireyourride.ca

Retire Your Ride is a national program designed to effectively and efficiently retire 1995 model year or older vehicles in an environmentally responsible manner, in an effort to improve air quality and encourage the use of sustainable transportation. The Retire Your Ride program is delivered nationally by Summerhill Impact, funded by the Government of Canada and supported by a network of experienced regional delivery agents across the country, as well as a national network of automotive recyclers.
Old 11-10-10, 23:14
Mr. HUP

Default More Liberal BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
Rob..
It won't be too many years and the Green Goblins will be after any fume spitting diesel or gas combustion engined vehicle..historic or not...

The
OLDER VEHICLES MAY BE MORE POLLUTING THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

~ Retire Your Ride encourages Canadians to act now and permanently retire their older vehicles ~

QUEBEC CITY, Oct. 11 /CNW Telbec/ - Although previous research indicated that 1995 model year and older vehicles emit 19 times more smog-forming emissions than 2004 and newer vehicles, ...blah, blah, blah,...The Retire Your Ride program is delivered nationally by Summerhill Impact, funded by the Government of Canada and supported by a network of experienced regional delivery agents across the country, as well as a national network of automotive recyclers.
They won't be satisfied until Canada is turned into a gay wildlife park. While the article makes no mention of historic vehicles, I am sure that the small minded do-gooders will try to make it all inclusive. It's time to retire the pinko, hug a thug, anti-Canadian institution, gun controlling, cradle to grave hand holding, tree-hugging, save the whales, ban the seal hunt, birkenstock wearing, tax wasting, panic artists (AKA NDP/Liberals).

The headline should have read: LIBERALS ARE MORE FULL OF SHIT THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT
Old 11-10-10, 23:53
M38A1 CDN3

Hey, Rob...on this Forum, perhaps you're preaching to the converted.

But I like the tone of your post. I'm with you 100% with your viewpoint.

When you get to be King of Kanada, can I be your Chief of Staff?
Old 12-10-10, 02:35
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default King..Eh..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
Hey, Rob...on this Forum, perhaps you're preaching to the converted.

But I like the tone of your post. I'm with you 100% with your viewpoint.

When you get to be King of Kanada, can I be your Chief of Staff?
Well I'll vote for you two as long as you have Boobee Carrier as your Chauffeur..c/w peaked drivers hat with up to date union pin on side band..black leather jacket..3/4 length and jack boots..pants ..optional ,and Jif "Peanut butter balls" W-B as your bat man..
Old 12-10-10, 04:06
Mr. HUP

Default Job Openings - Post Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
Hey, Rob...on this Forum, perhaps you're preaching to the converted.But I like the tone of your post. I'm with you 100% with your viewpoint.When you get to be King of Kanada, can I be your Chief of Staff?
Jon, I will surround myself with like-minded realists; however, the use of smilies does detract from your stellar resume...
Old 12-10-10, 04:10
Mr. HUP

Default Driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
Well I'll vote for you two as long as you have Boobee Carrier as your Chauffeur..c/w peaked drivers hat with up to date union pin on side band..black leather jacket..3/4 length and jack boots..pants ..optional ,and Jif "Peanut butter balls" W-B as your bat man..
Bob will be my coordinator of official language (note the singular use). Unions will be banned (less those for strippers and ladies of the night). As for Jif as my batman, I say no. However, there will be an opening for an overseer for any province that may wish to leave the Dominion...