MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-07-03, 10:44
Pops

Default hey carman guess what?

A mob of us are going for a drive in our blitz's to a town called temora and guess who will be out there filming air planes? we might take the camera along and take the odd photo of him, would you like to see them? Any particular requests for the type of photo? At least I am the most sensible of the mob in that I will be travelling in style in my car not the Blitz just imagine them if it's only 9 degrees and misty rain travelling along with no windows to protect them and no heater other than the engine to keep them warm let alone dry. They wonder why I don't want to go . Sounds like fun. But then they have the excitement of seeing Keith and what they are going to talk about, I think I'll stay home.

the Blitz widow
Old 01-07-03, 14:07
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default 9 degrees......

Max
Is that Farenheit or Centigrade...?
Either way,those trucks won't mind..they were designed in Canada...land of wooden ships,steel trucks and iron men...
Buck up..grab another Fosters and join the party...Sounds like a fun time to me..
Have fun on our special day..Canada Day ..July 1st...one hundred and thirty six years since confederation..
Have a vegemite sandwich and a Fosters for us...
Old 01-07-03, 14:11
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Dominion Day, please...
Old 01-07-03, 15:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default FYI.....

Did you know that before 1982 Canada Day had been known as Dominion Day, First of July, Confederation Day, and July the First? Canada Day celebrates the events that occurred on July 1, 1867, when the British North America Act created the Canadian federal government. The BNA Act proclaimed "one Dominion under the name of Canada," therefore the original title of the holiday, "Dominion Day." Dominion Day was officially renamed "Canada Day" by an Act of Parliament on October 27, 1982. This change reflected the policy of successive governments to downplay Canada's colonial origins. Canada's national celebration is always observed on July 1, unless that date falls on a Sunday. In which case it is observed the following day.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/A...67/canada.html
Old 01-07-03, 22:58
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: FYI.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Did you know that before 1982 Canada Day had been known as Dominion Day, First of July, Confederation Day, and July the First? Canada Day celebrates the events that occurred on July 1, 1867, when the British North America Act created the Canadian federal government. The BNA Act proclaimed "one Dominion under the name of Canada," therefore the original title of the holiday, "Dominion Day." Dominion Day was officially renamed "Canada Day" by an Act of Parliament on October 27, 1982. This change reflected the policy of successive governments to downplay Canada's colonial origins. Canada's national celebration is always observed on July 1, unless that date falls on a Sunday. In which case it is observed the following day.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/A...67/canada.html
WOW ALEX....Thank you!!! I knew most of the History here...but didn't know about it never being celebrated ona Sunday!!!! AMAZING.... Howd I get ta be 49 and not know this???? : Not a very good Canadian, am I???

MAX: Oh PLEASE.... get snap-happy for me and the rest of us in here!!! My anticipatory excitement at the idea of fun-fotos of "OUR" Keith to look at is just ...soooo.... exciting!!! What kind would I prefer??? One word....."EMBARASSING" (sorry Keith...I can hardly wait!)
Old 01-07-03, 23:28

Default Re: hey carman guess what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
At least I am the most sensible of the mob in that I will be travelling in style in my car not the Blitz just imagine them if it's only 9 degrees and misty rain travelling along with no windows to protect them and no heater other than the engine to keep them warm let alone dry. They wonder why I don't want to go .
the Blitz widow
I don't believe these words were written by Max, just look at the message closely, the words "sensible" and travelling in a car" rather than a Blitz don't sound right. The signing off is the clue, looks like Kathy has been on the computer. Watch yourself Keith!

Richard
Old 01-07-03, 23:39
Pops

Default Canada Day

Hope all you Canadians had a safe and enjoyable Canada Day. Guess the weather is warming up over there (suppose your on top of the world aren't you). We had a drop of Canadian rye to celebrate for you since we have a bottle or two left from our trip.

Looking forward to catching up with Keith at the airshow we are taking at least two Blitz's . Temora is an hour and a half by car so the Blitz's should take two and a half to three hours to get there (an all day trip just to go there).

We had better go and fire the Blitz's up to see if they will make the trip,pump the tires up and check the oil etc, perhaps we had better leave the day before to make sure we make it there on time. Got the camera ready Carmen.

Max
Old 02-07-03, 10:38
Vets_Dottir

Default Re: Canada Day

Quote:
Hope all you Canadians had a safe and enjoyable Canada Day. Guess the weather is warming up over there (suppose your on top of the world aren't you). We had a drop of Canadian rye to celebrate for you since we have a bottle or two left from our trip.

Looking forward to catching up with Keith at the airshow we are taking at least two Blitz's . Temora is an hour and a half by car so the Blitz's should take two and a half to three hours to get there (an all day trip just to go there).

We had better go and fire the Blitz's up to see if they will make the trip,pump the tires up and check the oil etc, perhaps we had better leave the day before to make sure we make it there on time. Got the camera ready Carmen.

MAX...Thanks for your kind words regards us Canadians on our special day I'm glad you had the Rye cause I hate the stuff ;(

Regards the camera being ready.... Ah. YES!!!! I'm well pleased with tha likes 'O yah laddie

"KEITH....OH KEITH....
Where fore art thou????? EH?" LMAOLYW

Max
Old 02-07-03, 12:35
RIP

Default A Word For Max

WIMP

PS - Did you find my Book?

Bob
Old 03-07-03, 00:12
Pops

Default book

I could have .

Max

PS have you been good lately
Old 03-07-03, 00:21
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default C'mon - let's have pics of Keef

Hey yeh - let's have the pics of Keef so those who have suffered in the past can revenge themselves upon him.

My warped sense of humour is already working on some "minor adjustments" to the make up of his person!

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 03-07-03, 00:24
Pops

Default Richard

congratulations you are the only one that knows that a Blitz restorer wouldn't even dream of travelling in a car no matter what the weather if he had a chance to drive is beloved Blitz. That is why i call myself the Blitz widow, as I travel everywhere on my own in the car, I remember in Alice Springs in the year 2000 when I joined the trip for 5 days Max asked me if I wanted to go for a drive with him (sounds very nice doesn't it) but the catch was I had to follow in the car as he already had a passenger in the Blitz so that sounded to exciting for me so I stayed in the Caravan Park on my own.

Alex asked about the temperature I forgot you Canadians use both still we only use celcius. If you don't think it is all that cold ask our friends from over there who wear their coveralls in the house when we are quite warm.

Carmen I'm looking forward to getting photos of Keith Perhaps his sexy legs or maybe he will be green when he gets out of the plane or even worse.

Kathy the Blitz widow
Old 03-07-03, 01:43
Vets_Dottir

Smile Cool Kathy :)

Quote:
i
Carmen I'm looking forward to getting photos of Keith Perhaps his sexy legs or maybe he will be green when he gets out of the plane or even worse.

Kathy the Blitz widow
Hey Kathy... very nice to meet you!!!! As for your commentabout Keith and green legs...I say:

'COOL.... Green Legs and Ham to go with the Fosters and SPAM????? -How SEXY can green legs be anyways????: Well... I am partial to Kelly Green...dramatic! I'm looking forward to what will show up in here soon! GEE... Keith is being awfully invisible, isn't he? care..."Karmen"
Old 03-07-03, 01:48
RIP

Default Re. Book

Max

I have been VERY GOOD and I have no idea who called you a Wimp on my last post. Probably Keefy hacked into my Email.

Crawlin Bob
Old 03-07-03, 10:13
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: hey carman guess what?

Quote:
A mob of us are going for a drive in our blitz's to a town called temora and guess who will be out there filming air planes? we might take the camera along and take the odd photo of him, would you like to see them? Any particular requests for the type of photo? At least I am the most sensible of the mob in that I will be travelling in style in my car not the Blitz just imagine them if it's only 9 degrees and misty rain travelling along with no windows to protect them and no heater other than the engine to keep them warm let alone dry.
Max, you're a stirrer and a wuss!

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 03-07-03, 10:15
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: Re. Book

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Max

I have been VERY GOOD and I have no idea who called you a Wimp on my last post. Probably Keefy hacked into my Email.

Crawlin Bob
What's wiv this Keefy nonsense?

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 03-07-03, 22:12

Default Re: Richard

Quote:
congratulations you are the only one that knows that a Blitz restorer wouldn't even dream of travelling in a car no matter what the weather if he had a chance to drive is beloved Blitz.
Kathy the Blitz widow
Hi Kathy,
Good to hear from you. I was pretty sure that Max would'nt miss the opportunity of a drive in a Blitz. Nothing better in the winter than having your left leg red hot and your right shoulder frozen....or opposite for the passenger! Hope you all have a good time, look forward to meeting up again.

Richard
Old 03-07-03, 23:21
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re. Book

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
... Probably Keefy hacked into my Email.
"Keefy"? "Keefy"??

Oh, my....
Old 05-07-03, 13:34
Pops

Default getting ready to leave

I left the boy's to service the blitz's ready for the run to Temora to catch up with KEEF (the one you all worship),but I shouldn't have trusted them, Aaron and his mates sabotaged my Ford .They put the battery in and conected it up wrong so now my beloved Ford don't go no more , so it looks like we are going with the two chev's. Kathy and a few others are going along in the car in comfort and warmth.
We will try and get some photos to share with everyone.

Max

A quick message from Aaron: We didnt want to drive the ford so if we broke it we got to take the chev instead
Old 07-07-03, 22:31
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: Re: Re. Book

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
"Keefy"? "Keefy"??

Oh, my....
Too much maple syrup I think.

42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb